Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Old Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

Re: Old Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by bobbotron View Post
    Trying out sepia toning with some ilford FB paper. I need to do a better job of split printing this photo. Arista Ortho Litho film.

Did you use the film as the camera original? I like the effect.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Did you use the film as the camera original? I like the effect.
    Yeah, I shot this on Ortho Litho 4x5 film on a Wista. Developed the film in paper developer. Then made a 8x10 print and toned it with Foma's sepia toner. It's interesting, this looks like some kind of digital filter but the print really looks like this. I just scanned it and adjusted the curves a little in Rawtherapee because my cheap scanner doesn't have great contrast.

Thanks. I asked because there is a little gradation in the mid tones that adds to the effect of the image. I just wondered how you achieved that.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Hard not to like this! Not only the truck which is very wonderful, but matching people!
    Yes, it really is terrific, great work, I really appreciate this

regards

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by bobbotron View Post
    Trying out sepia toning with some ilford FB paper. I need to do a better job of split printing this photo. Arista Ortho Litho film.

Well mate, "split printing" or not matters 'not a fig' to me. I really like it and you should be very satisfied, if I could 'produce' an image anywhere near this, I would be more than very chuffed

regards

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Plume View Post
    Well mate, "split printing" or not matters 'not a fig' to me. I really like it and you should be very satisfied, if I could 'produce' an image anywhere near this, I would be more than very chuffed

regards

Andrew
    Haha, thanks Andrew. I was surprised how this photo turned out, when I was enlarging my first thought there was some dirt on the negative on the door, then was very pleased to see that interesting pattern. Behind the mirror is a very mischievous small bit of fractured glass as well.

The rendering reminds me of something from a gritty comic book, and I definitely didn't realize it would come out like this. I am pleased to get such a result from a totally analog process.

ROC Improved Vintage Truck Sepia by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

ROC Improved Model 5 x 8, loaded with Arista 5 x 7, Plastigmat lens - Just for fun and something different, Sepia toned.

Found this old thing while doing a walk, not sure if this is ok as a car.