Not sure if this is the correct part of the forum, but i would like to request some help figuring out this camera.

I had purchased it from a yard sale, but the original owner did not know anything about its history, or where the missing parts had gone.

It uses the format 13x18, dry plate (most likely dry plate) via a standard holder. However, i seem to be missing the connection system between the front and rear standards. I suspect a form of rail would have been used originally, though what form it may have taken is currently my goal in figuring out.

My intention is to restore the camera fully, using methods and materials from the time of its creation, i.e. French polish (will likely have to completely strip and recoat it), and hot lacquering the brass with a shellac based golden lacquer based on Curcumin and Bixin. (curcuma and Annatto respectively) The steel screws will be polished and flame blued.

I have seen a similar camera described in a book about the early history of Microphotography, however i am not sure if it was originally made for this purpose. (i will be researching this avenue soon, since i will be creating a micrograph using equipment from c.a. 1840, additionally a picture of the setup taken on my 18x24 cm camera from 1850, but that is a different story).

Here are pictures of the camera, excuse the improvised nature of them, they where taken with merely a cellphone.

Camera as seen from the front, when folded. Lens board removed.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210206_220241.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	212337

Rear, showing the ground glass

Name:	20210206_220252.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	212338

Front standard extended and held in place, showing the bellows

Name:	20210206_220306.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	212339

What i assume to be the mounting mechanism for the front standard, in the storage position

Name:	20210206_220317.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	212340

Any help regarding this camera would be much appreciated, as i would love nothing less then to see it restored to original working condition, so it may once more capture light