Page 251 of 328 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3278

Thread: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Re: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Nice image, Austin, but what is the squarish, slightly darker shape, between the back of the car and the trees on the left ?

Best,

Cor
    Strangely enough, I have no idea! It's odd looking isn't it? It seems semi-translucent. Honestly, I don't even remember seeing it at the time I made this picture, though I must have. It's in my neighborhood so I'll have to swing by and check it out.

Lowden, Washington
    Second Hand Store, Lowden, Washington.

. . Lowden, Washington by Reinhold S., on Flickr

Neg# BUGE 166. Tachihara 4x5, 210mm, 02 filter, PXP film, 1984.

More crumbly, decrepit old stuff here... https://www.flickr.com/photos/154287...57690651303644

Reinhold

What year is the image from?

I don't think any car there is newer than 1967, as I don't see any side marker lights.

I had some bad times as passenger in a Corvair, the driver was not good at snow.

A football team slid up to us, hopped out and carried the Corvair back on the road. Then they were gone. The driver did it again...
    Tin Can

The truck looks newer than '67. Maybe they specialize in 'classics'? It threw me as well.

Although I wouldn't put it past Austin to have a time machine in his bag!

Fossil Body & Paint. Fossil, Oregon

. . Fossil, Oregon by Reinhold S., on Flickr

Neg# BUCO 700, Split 5x7 film, custom 617 pano camera, cropped to 615 format, FP4 film. 2007.
    More about the camera here... https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...217;93.155715/

More old stuff here... https://www.flickr.com/photos/154287...57662910688898

Reinhold

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    What year is the image from?

I don't think any car there is newer than 1967, as I don't see any side marker lights.

I had some bad times as passenger in a Corvair, the driver was not good at snow.

A football team slid up to us, hopped out and carried the Corvair back on the road. Then they were gone. The driver did it again...
    My first thought was that Austin was going through his archives, but knowing him, he probably took it last week. Like it, have a nice Corvair shot myself.

Roger

As a matter of fact, I did take it last week, or technically, a couple of weeks ago. No offense to any of my seniors here (eh-hem), but my archives don't go as far back as these cars, as I myself was manufactured in 1970. :-)

I wish I could tell you the story on this dealership, but no one was around. It really did appear to be frozen in time.

Oh now I’m a senior, and my forman at work commented that it was nice to have an old timer on the job. Heck I was built in 1960, really didn’t think I was getting old but now I’m starting to wonder.

Anyway Austin, love the image and the fact that’s it so recent. Also having a Corvair it a nice bonus.

Roger

Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Nice image, Austin, but what is the squarish, slightly darker shape, between the back of the car and the trees on the left ?

Best,

Cor
    Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    Strangely enough, I have no idea! It's odd looking isn't it? It seems semi-translucent. Honestly, I don't even remember seeing it at the time I made this picture, though I must have. It's in my neighborhood so I'll have to swing by and check it out.
    I love a mystery and feel a tad bad about possibly spoiling this one, but I do believe that is one very straight tree trunk. If you look at the photo closely and follow the line up, you can see the left side of the trunk appearing above the first branch crossing over from the tree to its left. Convoluted much?

At any rate, another wonderful picture from you Mr. Granger.