Page 289 of 328 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3275

Thread: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Re: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Glaciologists cabin, Peyto Glacier, Canada. 4x10 box camera, 90 super angulon xl in helicoid focusing mount, Bergger 200, print on Forte WT FB
    IMG_1976 3 by Greg Yavorsky, on Flickr
    Last edited by Greg Y; 23-Dec-2020 at 17:54.

Three very nice images! Greg, are you familiar with Jay Dusard? He used a 4x10 box camera for many of his images. I highly recommend his book "Open Country," which you can pick up pretty cheaply used.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    Three very nice images! Greg, are you familiar with Jay Dusard? He used a 4x10 box camera for many of his images. I highly recommend his book "Open Country," which you can pick up pretty cheaply used.
    Thanks h20man. Jay is a friend of mine. & I had this camera made after seeing his images for "Open Country." Mine turned out prettier than Jay's since it was built by a cabinet maker friend of mine who used solid black walnut instead of Baltic Birch ply (Keith Canham sold me the back). Jay did get to see the camera when we met up in Wyoming & gave it his nod of approval. That's a marvellous book & I always enjoy Jay's vision no matter what format he's using.

Greg Y, The print is apparently older and printed on Forte Warm Tone, Fibre based paper.
    Is this the older paper with Cadmium? Can't tell on the screen but if so - have you found anything now that can get the same buttery tanned leather look that older paper produced?

I do like the image. Also the 90 XL. My Uncle used one for 4x10 and even looking at this and his images many don't believe the lens covers the format.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Yes Willie, it's an older print. I had this one and some others more usually on Azo. I loved that Forte VC and the Fortezo graded even more. I haven't found anything even remotely close. These days i try to squeeze as much as i can out of Ilford Warm Tone. I don't work in the format any more, having sold that camera. The 90XL was close in coverage ...i never had the centre filter either, Just made holders out of foam core and glued gels to them. I can't remember if the super symmar 110 was available at the time or just too expensive for me.

Historic church in Catonsville, Maryland.
    LMT_Nikkor90mmf8_IlfordOrthoPlus002 by Maryland Photos, on Flickr

Covered bridge near Frederick, Maryland
    LMT_Nikkor90mmf8_IlfordOrthoPlus001 by Maryland Photos, on Flickr

Linhof Master Technika, Nikkor-SW 90 f8 and Ilford Ortho Plus, developed in HC-110

img20210110_0001-Edit by John tomasella, on Flickr

Fomapan 100 150mm lens printed on Ilford pearl.

img20210110_0002-Edit by John tomasella, on Flickr

Ilford HP4+ 150mm lens with front and rear shift to get the spring in focus. shot at F8