Quote Originally Posted by jb7 View Post
I'm pretty confident that remark is directed at myself, and those who commented that the image posted was pretty fuzzy.
This comment was not directed at you.

Lenny, you've claimed 300MP resolution for the file you posted-
then subsequently claimed that resolution was unimportant.
The terms 'Sharpness' and 'Resolution' have been used interchangeably since this thread segued into a discussion about film and digital processing.*
When some people challenged your claims about the detail picture you posted,
you reacted in a childish and rude manner, indulged in personal slur, and requested that the thread be deleted.
It seems as if actual resolution is no more than a belief system around here,
and unsubstantiated claims are defended by rubbishing those who choose to disagree.
What I said was that I was not going to worry about f64 anymore. I got jumped on because it went against everyone's beliefs about diffraction and how important it is to shoot with less dof than I like to. The file I posted could have had more explanations about it or I could have done something else with it, it was a quick snapshot and apparently not enough.

I did not state that all lenses were perfect at all fstops. I did my own test and I got my results. No one was asking a question. What I got was all sorts of people telling me I should learn about swings and tilts, that I should go back and read up about diffraction, choose different developers and talk to other experts.

This whole area is a belief system, and relies on acts of faith, and the rebuttal of the laws of the universe, the casting out of non believers, and the impugning of their experience.
And those folks talking incessantly about resolution can't grasp that it is only a part of the picture. You want to test resolutions, sharpness, accutances, calculate exact megapixels and all that, go ahead. Me, I'm tested out... I want to go photograph.

The segue into processing techniques was interesting, if not on topic-
but the continued rubbishing of those who choose to believe the evidence of their own eyes, rather than counting scanned pixels, is just too much.
That's what I was doing, looking with my own eyes. At my own film developed in my own darkroom.