Thread: Any use for Kodachrome?

Any use for Kodachrome?

I have some Kodachrome left over. Is there anything that can be done with it, including experimental?

Re: Any use for Kodachrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    I have some Kodachrome left over. Is there anything that can be done with it, including experimental?
    You can get it processed in black and white only by a company rather appropriately called Film Rescue International. Check their website for details. If it is unused, maybe keep it, it may one day be a collectable piece.

come to the dark s(l)ide..... Carsten Wolff's Avatar
    Australia at the moment, Spain or UK one day perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    ....inevitable that a thread such as this would pop up

From Wikipedia:
    "Though Kodachrome can no longer be processed in color, the film can still be processed in black and white by a number of labs, including "Process C-22" in the UK, "The Rocky Mountain Film Laboratory" in the USA and "Film Rescue International". [ref] Technically all that is needed for colour processing of Kodachrome again are the cyan, yellow and magenta developers with the colour couplers so in the future colour processing may be available again with some labs such as "Process C-22" doing experiments to try to find alternatives to the discontinued Kodak chemicals."

- I "rescued" a KR64 once myself with Rodinal, after accidentlaly partially flooding a Nikonos; apart from a green tinge in the negative, partial fogging due to some of the film having been in contact with seawater and quite pronounced grain, it wasn't all that bad... (I also managed to resurrect the Nikonos, I'm glad you asked).

- Anyway, another reference, if you want to DIY develop:
    http://www.hi-beam.net/fw/fw40/0342.html

best,
    Carsten
    http://www.jeffbridges.com/perception.html "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right."

Great film to use for practicing to roll film on stainless processing reels.

Display case!

Any use for Kodachrome? I haven't had any use for Kodachrome in over 30 years! But since there aren't any commercial processors for it, I'm thinking it's best use might well be a display case.

Bruce Watson