Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: alternative to jogging stroller....

Big Bend

alternative to jogging stroller....

Just saw one of these things on Facebook, and immediately thought
    of myself and you guys.

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Backp...94755/-1388731

There are a couple other models at a couple other price points. I hadn't seen it posted
    here, so if it was I apologize, but looks almost perfect to me for really big tripods and really big cameras.

Re: alternative to jogging stroller....

Excellent Joe. I hadn't thought about that possibility. Ya know for old timers it may be perfect in that if you croak while photographing they can get your body out.
    I think there is an outlet in San Antonio. Have you checked a live one out yet for durability?

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

I looked at one of these, but ended up with a jogging stroller because of the better rolling feature of the bicycle style wheels on the stroller. With three wheels I do not have to lift any of the weight, just push forward and the three bicycle style wheels do all the lifting.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

No, no. I am from Texas originally. And I can tell you a 14 point buck and an 8x10 Ebony will not fit together on this model of cart... I mean if you plan to have any room for holders! C'mon! You need to shoot smaller big-game or get a 4x5 to use this.

Big Bend

Nate hahaha! No I have not, but Walter brings up a valid point! And John isn't thinking like I was - load up a case of beer and my gear, haul it up the mountain and ride it back down! But then Walter's third wheel is going to come in handy.

In all seriousness Walter may be right, but I'm about 15 minutes from Bass Pro and one of my clients is right next door, so I'll give them a good once over before I make up my mind.

My thinking was with a big tripod like a heavy duty Zone VI, I might be able to get a better center of gravity on this as opposed to a jogging stroller. I'll just have to look at it and see.

Well, that cart was $179. Babies R Us has a stroller from Baby Trend that other moms have said works very well off-road - and it's $139 ($119 with a coupon).
    My problem is that I have to haul the baby and the camera(s).

Big Bend

Bethe,
    There is also a huge second hand market for jogging strollers at much cheaper prices. I actually do think a jogging stroller is going to win out most of the time. I'm just not convinced I can do 12x20, film holders, plus a zone VI heavy duty on a jogging stroller, but maybe I can. Sadly we used to have one and handed it down to sister in law. I'm not even going to ask what she did with it

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Why not use a garden wheelbarrow? There's all kinds of garden carts with large spoked wheels, and if they will haul 400 pounds of fertilizer, then they'll also haul your equipment.

Thats pretty cool.Thanks for the link.I have a rolleze http://www.beachcartsusa.com/ which is great for the sand, but the wheels are kinda big for normal terrain.This may be a nice alternative for street use.

Big Bend

Brian,
    I have a garden wheelbarrow very similar to this one http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...oductId=199181 - it's not working for me, mainly to wide and awkward for the type of terrain I aim to use it in. It would work well enough for street use though.