Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Re: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

I purchased 2 bellows from Rudy in December. I am very please with the fit and quality of the bellows and material. I ordered one for a 8x10 Kodak Master View and another for a Toyo 810m. Rudy had to have both of them made so it took almost a month for them to be delivered, not a complaint but to just let everyone know how long it takes if they have to be fabricated. The material they use is thicker than both of the original bellow material. For the Toyo I had to purchase screws that were 1mm longer for the front frame M2x4mm. Once I got those screws assembly was much easier. You do have to study how the original bellows were mounted to the frames. The Toyo Bellows were much easier to mount than the Kodak Master View. The Kodak Master View are glued on while the Toyo are just screwed on. I used contact cement on the Kodak Master. View so it must be done right the first time. It might be worth it to see if Rudy will attach the bellows to the frame for a Kodak Master View camera if you are not handy and good at figuring things out. So as of right now I am really pleased at the quality of the bellows from ecbuyonline! Rudy and Jukie were a pleasure to do business with and communications was excellent! I have four other cameras and the only bellows I like better are my leather Fatif ones (those are a work of art!). I must say the price is good and the manufacturing quality was outstanding.

Robert

Dave Karp

I second having Rudy glue the bellows to the frame. I sent my ARCA Swiss front frame and self-made rear frame to him and he did excellent work gluing them together.

Toyo made two sizes of bellows frames for the 4X5 cameras (and the front of the 810M and 810G). A larger size frame and bellows was introduced with the 45G2, 810G2, the 4X5 Robos and the 810M2. Toyo states that the reason for the change was to allow increased movement capability, which I am sure it does. However, I also find that use of a recessed lensboard with an older bellows on some of the newer cameras, like the Robos, is very inconvenient.

I rebuilt an 810G and ordered a new bellows from Rudy with the new front frame size. Apparently he can only supply Toyo 8X10 bellows with the older, smaller front frame size so that is what I used. On the 810M and G this makes no difference. Rudy's bellows material, as are the Dynatect, is somewhat thicker than the original, inferior Toyo material so the factory frame screws are too short to catch. Rather than trying to scout up longer scews, I simply counter-sink the plastic frame screw holes a bit (aprox. 1 mm) with a drill. There is plenty of material to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    I have bought 4 sets of bellows from Rudy over 7 years and I'm happy with all of them
    Im having trouble locating this seller on eBay. I’ve seen him before so i’m familiar with the name, but can’t bring anything up on Advanced search. Any current ideas anyone?
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Found it!!!

General query—I emailed ecbuyonline2008 this weekend about a bellows. Someone with the name of Jukie replied and sent me a link to an eBay listing with a seller name of mytongguy, located in Hong Kong. Email address is ecbuyonline@foxmail.com. Doesn’t look like the same guy, does anyone have current info on ecbuyonline2008?
    Last edited by scheinfluger_77; 25-Jul-2018 at 04:48. Reason: Spelling and additions

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    General query—I emailed ecbuyonline2008 this weekend about a bellows. Someone with the name of Jukie replied and sent me a link to an eBay listing with a seller name of mytongguy, located in Hong Kong. Email address is ecbuyonline@foxmail.com. Doesn’t look like the same guy, does anyone have current info on ecbuyonline2008?
    I don't know about mytongguy, but when I ordered my bellows last september from Rudy through ebay (as ecbuyonline2008), I dealt with both Rudy and Jukie via e-mail. They work together. Jukie e-mailed me from ecbuyonline@foxmail.com.

To revive this thread which already has lots of info on ordering new bellows: I'm looking for someone who can make bellows which have a bit of the old fashioned look. Looking at pictures from ecbuyonline2008 and custombellows, their products do look the same, and what somewhat dissuades me, is that their product have quite a plastic look (guess they use the same kind of fabric).

Does anyone have experience with fire1007 ? - its another Ebay seller - and although he has lots of positive feedback, non of the buyers seems to actually buy bellows but only other kind of photographica. He/she seems to use a different kind of fabric, which tends to have a more classic look.

<edit> just found this thread:https://www.largeformatphotography.i...17-Fire-Studio
    where it is stated that its an importer in the US (Blaine/Washington) of China made goods.

My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    To revive this thread which already has lots of info on ordering new bellows: I'm looking for someone who can make bellows which have a bit of the old fashioned look. Looking at pictures from ecbuyonline2008 and custombellows, their products do look the same, and what somewhat dissuades me, is that their product have quite a plastic look (guess they use the same kind of fabric).

Does anyone have experience with fire1007 ? - its another Ebay seller - and although he has lots of positive feedback, non of the buyers seems to actually buy bellows but only other kind of photographica. He/she seems to use a different kind of fabric, which tends to have a more classic look.

<edit> just found this thread:https://www.largeformatphotography.i...17-Fire-Studio
    where it is stated that its an importer in the US (Blaine/Washington) of China made goods.
    I ordered a set of bellows from Custom Bellows for my Wista DX - they have the look of split leather although I have no idea what they actually are made of. Their website is http://www.custombellows.co.uk/ current email is custombellows@hotmail.com, I talked to a guy called Keith.

mitch

Hi get in touch with this guy he made two sets of bellows for me and after 8 yrs they are still like new www.sandehalynch.com/camerawork/bellows.php
    Mitch