Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Re: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Yeah i bhought some lensboards from ECbuyonline, they were pretty decent!

I want to purchase a bag bellows for an Arca-Swiss F-line camera with 171mm lens boards. Custom Bellows in the UK will make the bellows, but I have to supply the frames. I suppose that I could hire someone to make copies of the frames on my standard bellows, but there's some machining involved and I suspect that this option would be expensive.

There are a couple of eBay vendors that have been mentioned earlier in this thread, but there doesn't appear to be recent discussion about the quality of their bellows. These vendors are ecbuyonline2008 and mytongguy. It's unclear whether these are different vendors or two accounts for the same vendor. Both accounts advertise Arca-Swiss 171mm bag bellows.

Input on these eBay vendors would be appreciated, as would be any other suggestions. An effort is also being made to determine whether Arca-Swiss, currently on annual vacation, will still supply 171mm bag bellows.

eBay store for ecbuyonlne2008: https://www.ebay.com/str/ecbuyonline...cat=2305208016

eBay store for mytongguy: https://www.ebay.com/str/mytongguy/B...at=14819509010

Thanks.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I think, but not certain, that they are two accounts for same business. It seems confusing from their profile (and some emails) about where they are located and from where they ship. I’ve bought from both with the past 6 months and both were shipped from Hebron KY. Flawless transactions and great quality products.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I think, but not certain, that they are two accounts for same business. It seems confusing from their profile (and some emails) about where they are located and from where they ship. I’ve bought from both with the past 6 months and both were shipped from Hebron KY. Flawless transactions and great quality products.
    Thanks, good to know that you've had good experiences with them.

I've asked ecbuyonline2008 about fit. The bag bellows frame in the photos in this eBay listing is quite different in design from an Arca-Swiss bellows frame: NEW Wide Angle Bag Bellows 171x171mm For Arca Swiss 4x5 Large Format Camera

I'll post further when I have a response.

I’ve bought a lot of misc things from ecbuyonline2008 because for a very small premium many of their things are shipped from the US, meaning a week to deliver rather than a month. The only bellows I bought from them was for a Master Technika. Installation wasn’t too hard, but the Technika doesn’t have frames, so the bellows are attached directly to the camera. Quality seems good, but I’ve only had them in place for 4 months, so I can’t comment on longevity. For my technikardan, since I had the frames, I shipped them to Custom Bellows, and let them install. Overall the small premium was worth it to not have to futz with installing.

Good to know

I have bought other gear from EC

I often get China made stuff from Kentucky very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Tin Can

If you look at the eBay listings, both ecbuyonlne2008 and mytongguy are selling what they call "eTone" brand products. It turns out that there's a website: eTone Photo

From the "About" at the bottom of the web page:

Since 2008, we have started from a small workshop and sold photographic equipment online. In 2016, Boya eTone e-Commerce Co.Ltd was established, and"eTone®" trademark was registered in the United States and China in the same year. We are committed to developing and selling large format photography equipment, including customized camera bellows. In 2018, we was authorized the global general agency of Shanghai GP3 B&W film. We welcome all dealers to cooperate with us. Please click "contact us" to contact us.
    Last edited by r.e.; 29-Aug-2021 at 16:42.

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Thanks, good to know that you've had good experiences with them.

I've asked ecbuyonline2008 about fit. The bag bellows frame in the photos in this eBay listing is quite different in design from an Arca-Swiss bellows frame: NEW Wide Angle Bag Bellows 171x171mm For Arca Swiss 4x5 Large Format Camera

I'll post further when I have a response.
    I've received a response from someone named Cassie who has asked for a photo showing "the bellows interface frame" for a 171 Arca-Swiss camera. As it happens, I have such a photo from from an Arca-Swiss leather bag bellows, which I've sent her. As can be seen from the photo below, the frame is quite different from what ecbuyonline2008 shows in its eBay listing.

I think that this is something to be careful about if one is ordering from these people. Somewhat to my surprise, Cassie also wants to know whether an Arca-Swiss F-Line camera has standards made of the plastic known as Bakelite, which their bellows apparently won't work with. I'll update when I hear back, but the eBay listing photos and Cassie's response to my question are not building confidence.

Given post #107 just above, as well as similarities in the listings, my working assumption is that the ecbuyonline2008 and mytongguy eBay accounts are run by the same people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7688DCD-F298-4107-8627-554CAF537569.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	219192
    Last edited by r.e.; 30-Aug-2021 at 08:05.

Further to the post just above, I've heard nothing further from ecbuyonline on the difference between Arca-Swiss's bellows frames and the frames that their photos show.

For me, the question is probably now academic. Yesterday, I purchased an Arca-Swiss F-Line bag bellows second-hand from Europe, which should arrive on Friday. If it's in the condition advertised, my problem is solved. However, I wanted to post an update on my dealings with ecbuyonline. I'm quite sure that the bellows frames that it shows in its photos will not work with Arca-Swiss standards.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

You probably did the right thing!