Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1343

Thread: 6x17 Images

Re: 6x17 Images

RealitySoSubtle 617, Kodak Portra 400

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Beautiful image! Is this in northern California?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiFormat Shooter View Post
    Beautiful image! Is this in northern California?
    Thanks, yes it’s Ocean Beach, San Francisco, the building on the upper right side is the Giant Camera Obscura which has sustained substantial storm damage this winter.

Roger

Yes nice Roger.

MultiFormat Shooter and Tuco, Thanks! This was kind of a fun one, managed to get my feet soaking wet and of course the tripod legs. Nice to have a wooden tripod and a jug of fresh water in the car. I do need to work on my shutter technique on the RealitySoSubtle as I think there’s a slight shadow from my thumb. The problem is the it’s such a wide angle camera and I was using 400 ISO film an a bright day. I’m happy I even got a usable exposure because my meter indicated 1/4” and the shutter is just a little slider the you ope a close manually. Lol, I’ve got 25 ISO film loaded in the camera now.

Roger

Roger
    Beautiful image, Roger!

I have the RSS 6x17 two-pinhole camera. After shooting it a few times, I decided to try using a heavy ND (big stopper type) with it at the shore near where I live (Gulf of Mexico). So I recently ordered the RRS 6x17 with filter ring, but unfortunately, Blue Moon sent me another two-pinhole by mistake. So I am waiting for delivery and have a group of 77mm ND on hand to give it a try.

Which model do you have, and have you tried using an ND filter for longer exposures when the sun at the beach blasts light everywhere?

Best wishes,
    Darr

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    Beautiful image, Roger!

I have the RSS 6x17 two-pinhole camera. After shooting it a few times, I decided to try using a heavy ND (big stopper type) with it at the shore near where I live (Gulf of Mexico). So I recently ordered the RRS 6x17 with filter ring, but unfortunately, Blue Moon sent me another two-pinhole by mistake. So I am waiting for delivery and have a group of 77mm ND on hand to give it a try.

Which model do you have, and have you tried using an ND filter for longer exposures when the sun at the beach blasts light everywhere?

Best wishes,
    Darr
    I have the 2 pinhole model so a little harder to mount a ND filter, for some reason hadn’t occurred to me. I’m thinking a ND gel and some tape would do the trick. I did see the filter ring model but for me it’s more important to have the second pinhole for rise. Either way these cameras are a blast to use.

Roger

I have the 2 pinhole model so a little harder to mount a ND filter, for some reason hadn’t occurred to me. I’m thinking a ND gel and some tape would do the trick. I did see the filter ring model, but it’s more important to have the second pinhole for rise. Either way these cameras are a blast to use.

Roger
    Thanks!
    After I shoot the filter-ring model, I will let go of one of them. I agree they are a lot of fun.
    Loading film got a bit easier for me after I started using these 6" needle pliers.
    Before the pliers, it was difficult for me, and I have small fingers.

WWI graveyard
    Chamonix 045F-2
    Rodenstock Sinnar-N 150mm
    Kodak Gold 200 @200

f16 @ 1/60

f5.6 @ 1/500

I first idea was to use the Schneider-Kreuznach Super-Angulon 90 mm, but I did not got anything sharp and I had used this lens before. When I was home ... I found my problem, the 90mm does not have a recessed board and I forgot that I can place the back more towards the lens.
    Ah well just need to go out more with this setup, or leave a note on my Shen Hao 6x17.

Bandon Beach, OR by tuco, on Flickr

GX617, 90mm, 400TMY