Page 335 of 405 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4049

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

The amount of disrespect and not understanding the difficulty and method of working with large format and models just astounds me in this forum. You think you're being funny or clever but honestly it's really insulting and not at all a constructive critique.

Most here do work for fun and retirement but some of us ... this is our lives and our work, and the dismissive nature of the comments just shows the kind of lack of respect for your fellow photographers (with actual talent) and the true lack of understanding you have for the craft. Shame on you. Go shoot some modeling on 8x10 and then come back and show YOUR work and if you're going to criticize, be constructive about it, don't use mockery to hide your inability to truly form helpful thoughts that might aid someone in improvement.

The Duality of our Souls

4x5 | Double Exposure | HP5+ | Natalie Hart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451333358.955681.jpg 
Views:	948 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	144095

Yes I messed this shot up... I ran out of room distance, it happens.

See more of our work here

https://www.zivity.com/models/natali...1?ziv=StoneNYC

I in no way meant any disrespect from my comment. It's a lovely photo, and I hope you can see from what I post that I have the utmost respect.

Hope you were referring to a previous comment, but in either case I will withdraw mine even though the intention was otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The amount of disrespect and not understanding the difficulty and method of working with large format and models just astounds me in this forum. You think you're being funny or clever but honestly it's really insulting and not at all a constructive critique.

Most here do work for fun and retirement but some of us ... this is our lives and our work, and the dismissive nature of the comments just shows the kind of lack of respect for your fellow photographers (with actual talent) and the true lack of understanding you have for the craft. Shame on you. Go shoot some modeling on 8x10 and then come back and show YOUR work and if you're going to criticize, be constructive about it, don't use mockery to hide your inability to truly form helpful thoughts that might aid someone in improvement.

The Duality of our Souls

4x5 | Double Exposure | HP5+ | Natalie Hart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451333358.955681.jpg 
Views:	948 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	144095

Yes I messed this shot up... I ran out of room distance, it happens.

See more of our work here

https://www.zivity.com/models/natali...1?ziv=StoneNYC
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Lachlan 717

You think you're being funny or clever but honestly it's really insulting and not at all a constructive critique.
    Try putting a couple of teaspoons of concrete in your coffee tomorrow morning. It might help you to harden up.

It was an innocuous comment. No more disrespectful than you referring to him as "Dude".

Oh, and by the way, I found the comment both funny AND clever. Especially when I took the time to look through the photos posted in this thread (yeah, I threw myself on that grenade in the pursuit of research) and noticing many do have a je ne sais quoi of bored indifference.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

</SOAP BOX ON>
    I look on this picture thread with ENVY!! Beautiful pictures. The pix may not be for everyone but that is life. I read the stuff that appears online with a large boulder of salt. I avoid email for the same simple reason. I cannot hear the intonations of voices nor can I see the whites of the eyes of whom I am talking with. The lack of immediate response can lead one to erroneous conclusions. So, I read and contemplate. Yes, I am an old pharte that love discussions to learn and tend to analyze pictures to looking for a message or meaning. I do not like everything I see, BUT I can appreciate the technical aspects of getting the print just right, and how the nerves of the photographer will be ramped up due to waiting for a critique. Not everything is as it appears in text. Now I give you back to your regular programming, singing "kumbaya ...."
    </SOAP BOX OFF>

That has to be one of the best, most insightful posts I've read. Typing is a poor substitute for real interpersonal relationships...

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    </SOAP BOX ON>
    I look on this picture thread with ENVY!! Beautiful pictures. The pix may not be for everyone but that is life. I read the stuff that appears online with a large boulder of salt. I avoid email for the same simple reason. I cannot hear the intonations of voices nor can I see the whites of the eyes of whom I am talking with. The lack of immediate response can lead one to erroneous conclusions. So, I read and contemplate. Yes, I am an old pharte that love discussions to learn and tend to analyze pictures to looking for a message or meaning. I do not like everything I see, BUT I can appreciate the technical aspects of getting the print just right, and how the nerves of the photographer will be ramped up due to waiting for a critique. Not everything is as it appears in text. Now I give you back to your regular programming, singing "kumbaya ...."
    </SOAP BOX OFF>
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

I think it should be an automatic three week ban for anyone that bitches or engages in the bitching that happens in this thread.

I'm totally open to copping that ban myself for putting that idea out there

edit: Also, I'm having a really hard time finding models to pose nude where I live. I don't know if it's the local culture or demographic. I've put out many fliers and messages on facebook in models groups and just seem to get no bites.. tried art schools and the rest of it... no luck. How do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGard View Post
    I think it should be an automatic three week ban for anyone that bitches or engages in the bitching that happens in this thread.

I'm totally open to copping that ban myself for putting that idea out there

edit: Also, I'm having a really hard time finding models to pose nude where I live. I don't know if it's the local culture or demographic. I've put out many fliers and messages on facebook in models groups and just seem to get no bites.. tried art schools and the rest of it... no luck. How do you do it?
    Try tumblr or modelmayhem

Demographic of where I live is pretty limited. 99% of the girls on model mayhem where I live don't do nudes

Thanks everyone!

It is beautiful, what film and format and lens? Pleasing depth and focus. I like how the light boarders on tenebrism without being overbearing.
    Thanks! It's 4x5 astia with a 21cm Heliar. The scanning was a bit botched by scanner guessing colors, I need to do it again.

As for the "sedated or just depressed" comment, I'd suggest the poster tries to shoot with some good models to see- They will try to keep straight faces throughout the shoot because laughing looks rarely good on photos due to wrinkles and due to the fact that laughing is very dynamic - if you freeze it it rarely looks natural. In fact, if you shoot with an inexperienced friend or a inexperienced model, a good chunk of the shoot is waiting until everyone stops laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGard View Post
    Demographic of where I live is pretty limited. 99% of the girls on model mayhem where I live don't do nudes
    Focus on the 1%
    I only photograph my girlfriend nude btw. She happens to be gorgeous (I shouldn't say otherwise, but fortunately, most people agree with me on this ) and she's the only model I need. I prefer to shoot nudes of someone I really connect with over 'random' people. Our nudes are really something we do together and they're a beautiful experience to make.