Page 328 of 406 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4060

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by bobpin View Post

Darlot 270mm Petzval lens on 8x10 camera, HP5+ processed with PMK pyro
    Today, with some free time on hands I've started going through some of the treads and accumulated "albums" here in sharing forum and now after one or two hours of passing through the images, I have to say that the above Bobpin's image made the strongest impression on me!

I wish there were more nudes and portraits that would not treat body just as an element, and which would not simply glorify the beauty of the (predominantly) female body but would also have the depth and strength of the image above.

This image for sure immediately grabs one's attention & pulls you into thinking about the gentleman in the image. About the fact that is brave enough to disclose his medical problem. Also shows that artists who shot it had to go deeper into the issue and connect with the person on a higher level than it sometimes happens with the nude beautiful girl that poses for us, photographers. Although the subject looks shy and afraid in a way, image has some warmth in it... feels human. Emotional.

Wish that there were more images like this one on first 11 pages of this thread / topic and less of the cliche ones! Way to go Bobpin for William's portrait!

Quote Originally Posted by ustas View Post

Wide open in the dark
    Great shot Anatoly!
    If one would look swiftly, he could say it's very classical, almost a nude study, until he notices the detail next to the edge which gives it completely different, much more modern & daring perspective, still keeping it simple & subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    Paint with light

Love your two shots Gandolfi, especially the one shot from behind. I am using the light painting technic quite a bit in my commercial photography (especially when I shoot F&B) and started a series (which I later abandoned) of nudes too. This makes me wanna continue Thanks!

And I even more liked the distressed ones with Cigarette ashes! (Smoking kills! Do not forget!)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Thought I'd try some of this nakeeed woman photography stuff because it's so arty. I hope she got a ride home after I left her there without any clothes.

Attachment 77096
    Love you shots Frank! So unpretentious. So real. One feels like he knows the girl which gives the warmth the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    And these two are for sure continuing the mood of the one with the canvas.

These three shots of yours somehow play on the edges of "Beautiful" & "Sublime" for the 1st shot and between "Beautiful" & "Ugly" for the smoking shots... somehow deleting the boundaries between these "aesthetics concepts"...

I think same applies for your "girl behind the mirror" shot: Attachment 77312

Quote Originally Posted by life_in_sepia View Post
    I think I've commented this before - but once again - AMAZING! Wish there were more shots flying around that work on levels of social & (sub)culture stories as much as beauty. It's amazing to see an old technics used for such a modern subject.

Solarized - painted with light
    Few days ago I have asked a question if one of your solarized images was an accident or it was done on purpose, and now I believe that the series to which the above photograph belongs answers this question clearly, so I have to say, way to go for a well mastered technic. I used to do that to silver prints backs in 90s when I still used to print my negatives & enjoyed it a lot. somehow I used to apply the tech to the sharpest of the images, since I probably liked the "line-work" that this tech created, but now with your images I see how well it work even with larger soft surfaces!

I really like the shot above!

Quote Originally Posted by Misko View Post
    Few days ago I have asked a question if one of your solarized images was an accident or it was done on purpose, and now I believe that the series to which the above photograph belongs answers this question clearly, so I have to say, way to go for a well mastered technic. I used to do that to silver prints backs in 90s when I still used to print my negatives & enjoyed it a lot. somehow I used to apply the tech to the sharpest of the images, since I probably liked the "line-work" that this tech created, but now with your images I see how well it work even with larger soft surfaces!

I really like the shot above!
    Thank you - yes - I solarize on purpose - normally on this pol 65 film, as it seemed to be born for this technique... quite addictive..

Quote Originally Posted by Misko View Post
    AMAZING! Wish there were more shots on levels of social & (sub)culture stories as much as beauty.
    Curiousity only - (something seems wrong with the blending of the elements making up the whole) - so what is it?
    a photoshop manipulation, a hermaphrodite, an example of overdosing on steriods, an illustration for medical reasons, (a made up) circus freak ????
    regards

Tony

And I have to admit - you do it very well Will try to do it on some of my old expired polaroids too Thanks for inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by tonyowen View Post
    Curiousity only - (something seems wrong with the blending of the elements making up the whole) - so what is it?
    a photoshop manipulation, a hermaphrodite, an example of overdosing on steriods, an illustration for medical reasons, (a made up) circus freak ????
    regards

Tony
    Hey Tony, We are living in the world where information is more freely travels... where taboos are removed... where people are getting a bit more of the personal freedom... and on top of that medicine & technology are developing really fast.
    And in such world people who wish to adjust their outer image to their inner world have a bit more chance to do so. And if they feel good & ok with that - I don't know why wouldn't we be happy for them.
    Wouldn't it be good for all of us to be happy? I was for instance super happy yesterday - I've poured & exposed my 1st Wet Plate & it turned out with the image which is great for the starters - isn't it?