Page 166 of 405 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 4050

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Frank you crack me up!!! The problem is there is some truth in your humor...Cats, thats the real problem! Damn cats!

Thanks, I know this from sad experience.... Now, about Georgia... it's hot and humid there. That's not a good combo for the older, overweight model or photographer. I know that from sad experience too.

It can be really ruff under the dark cloth for sure in the summer. Southern women deal with the heat pretty well...as I recall from my fun single days!

Frank, you can visit here in NJ. We have our power back "here" at least.

Well, Iīm also photographing women of cerain age and one of them has a cat. But contrairy to Frankīs statement the cat is not a problem for her shape but for me. I have to paint all over her legs and arms and so on with camouflage to make that cat scatches invisible. Her shape is like that of a young lady, a real ..rrrhm.. hot girl. Unfortunately I have promised her to not present the photographs in the in the web. So I can not refute Franks statement here with a picture.
    Oh, maybe thatīs all because Iīm 65.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    OK, I have a couple of questions...

This thread has over half a million hits, which must be some kind of record on this site.

Why do people figure that the photographs are all of women and that there are few, if any, of men?

I mean, you've got people like Michelangelo doing male nudes hundreds of years ago. How come none here?

And another question...

The 500,000+ views of this thread seems high compared to views of other image threads, even ones that are renewed each month.

Haven't done any number crunching re the second question, but if I am more or less correct, Why?
    I'm as much of a progressive jerk as anyone, but as (what I think is) a reasonable estimate, taking taking the views for last month's portrait thread (rounding to 25,000 views for the back of the napkin, which I think is fair since the month before is much higher anyway and august's has more than 40,000) , multiplying it by 12 for the year, and then 2 since this thread has been open since 2010, we get 600,000 hits. As a smoking gun I think we have to do better.

As to the others, its a fun topic, but I'm not sure that in contemporary art you will find as many male nudes as female anywhere. If it is symptomatic or problematic, I'm not sure it just exists in this forum. Comparing contemporary, amateur art to Michaelangelo is basically useless. Taste has changed, for one, and anyway its just not a good comparison. One can certainly find individual artists who objectify both sexes today.

The role of sexuality in art and the problem of objectification is a real one, and I know I'm guilty because I'm continuing the discussion (and I haven't been here long or contributed much, so maybe its not for me to say) but it seems like a big enough topic for its own thread instead of mucking up an image sharing one.

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    This thread has over half a million hits, which must be some kind of record on this site.

Why do people figure that the photographs are all of women and that there are few, if any, of men?

http://www.wtduck.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTD1309.gif  
    "There are two dirty words in photography; one is 'art', and the other is 'good taste'." - Helmut Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Allen in Montreal View Post
    This reminds of a female friend in her last year of university. Her fine arts teacher asked her for a portfolio of self portrait nudes for her year end book.

Keep in mind that Miss S.W. was stunning and had a crazy sensual side.
    Prof.....close to 50 yrs.....

She handed in 18 pix that showed, elbows, knuckles, ankles and ears!!
    She passed, but he was pissed!
    Creepy teacher!

Am I the only Gentleman left on earth!?
    "I would like to see Paris before I die... Philadelphia will do..."

From a few months ago.... 5x7 with Ernemann lens.