Page 165 of 405 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 4050

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    You want male nudes? Post some. There have been a few in this thread.

- Leigh
    Wow.

I asked a couple of questions, one of which has to do with this thread generally.

Did you intend that response, which is way off the mark from what I asked, to be as aggressive as it comes across?
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

It's just anticipatory testosterone being expelled at the forthcoming gay photos that are bound to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    It's just anticipatory testosterone being expelled at the forthcoming gay photos that are bound to come.
    Reading that, I'm splitting a gut, but this will have to do:

Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EH21 View Post
    Attachment 83708

From my Utah trip. Tmax 400 4x5 Schneider 90mm lens fitted to a Polaroid 110B
    Hi Ed!
    nice shot!
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

IMHO...I think the majority of men find the female body to be more inspiring from the creative standpoint. Of course I could be totally wrong and there is no intended hostility. If a photographer finds inspiration in a given body, male or female, and have the opportunity to photograph the person then I think they should use the inspiration to create something artistic. For ME, the curves of the female body are just more interesting and help me want to try to create something. I do not find the nude male body as inspiring. I have seen the "David" and it is certainly a thing of beauty!
    I wish I had a better idea of how to find models without having to pay. I am trying to learn to shoot nudes and am too old to have girlfriends that are willing and too poor to pay.
    I have been wanting to do a series of normal everyday women and not just young women with young perfect bodies...
    Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    OK, I have a couple of questions...

This thread has over half a million hits, which must be some kind of record on this site.

Why do people figure that the photographs are all of women and that there are few, if any, of men?

I mean, you've got people like Michelangelo doing male nudes hundreds of years ago. How come none here?

And another question...

The 500,000+ views of this thread seems high compared to views of other image threads, even ones that are renewed each month.

Haven't done any number crunching re the second question, but if I am more or less correct, Why?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    I have been wanting to do a series of normal everyday women and not just young women with young perfect bodies...
    That would be a gen-u-ine service to mankind. All too often people forget that a young perfect body is a very fleeting thing. Surely something to be celebrated, but most of us exeprience in real life the 98% of the rest. I really like the "ordinary person nudes" where both a clothed version and a nude version is presented.

The prime time for female models is in between the age of self-awareness (and legality) and that dim, dark infinity of cat ownership. Once they start getting cats it's over, they are no longer free, they sit around and gain weight, and become mean-spirited feminists/lesbians because they've lost their looks and are jealous of those who haven't. Feminism is based on jealousy cloaked with a shroud of social justice, that's why they are angry, mean, and impotent.

It's all our fault (males) of course.

Anyway good luck photographing older, "real" women. If they don't rip you to shreds with psychobabble then they'll New Age you to death with crystals. Seriously, last woman of a certain age that I photographed turned up with a stone glued onto her forehead....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    The prime time for female models is in between the age of self-awareness (and legality) and that dim, dark infinity of cat ownership. Once they start getting cats it's over, they are no longer free, they sit around and gain weight, and become mean-spirited feminists/lesbians because they've lost their looks and are jealous of those who haven't. Feminism is based on jealousy cloaked with a shroud of social justice, that's why they are angry, mean, and impotent.

It's all our fault (males) of course.

Anyway good luck photographing older, "real" women. If they don't rip you to shreds with psychobabble then they'll New Age you to death with crystals.
    bah-hah-ha-ha-ha!
    Ok if I use that for my next grant proposal?

Could you imagine what would be the reaction? I'd probably be investigated on some Hate Crime law then audited.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

You certainly know women, and models, Frank!