Page 182 of 406 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 4051

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by cbk View Post
    Attachment 86410
    sinar, tmax100, orwo paper BN 118, diy thiourea sepia toner
    I know you didn't ask, but this is wonderful.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

ps i dont write in free form poetry
    i write the way i think using a small iphone screen.

just seems that way

i dont think any thing bad of any one, talking as an artist, just like two russians discussing dinner plans!

am planning series of vases.
    through a glass darkly...

...what one gets in front are "electronic visuals",
    not bad, is an affordable, easy, immediate medium to share thy's photographic world
    thanks you guys for posting and enhancing forum life,
    showing is giving...
    beauty is there, buried by awfulness
    and vise-versa...
    positive commentaries can encourage better shapes, forms...
    line borders included, the idea is to entry inside the frame all one wants
    and hold values at individual discretion
    hoping not to get lost in literature, even though
    writing opens into imagery,
    lets let light do its job !!!
    and yes, comments welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nu-low.jpg  

Miguel, a very attractive image. The one light setup adds contrast detail (eg, the blanket folds) and sparkle as in the specular lights on left foot, bracelets and headband.The only quibble would be the right shoulder and left knee which might benefit from burning in - just a thought.
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith

what is this all mess about?

Nudity, other threads don't get like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cbk View Post
    what is this all mess about?

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Coquis View Post
    ...what one gets in front are "electronic visuals",
    not bad, is an affordable, easy, immediate medium to share thy's photographic world
    thanks you guys for posting and enhancing forum life,
    showing is giving...
    beauty is there, buried by awfulness
    and vise-versa...
    positive commentaries can encourage better shapes, forms...
    line borders included, the idea is to entry inside the frame all one wants
    and hold values at individual discretion
    hoping not to get lost in literature, even though
    writing opens into imagery,
    lets let light do its job !!!
    and yes, comments welcome.
    A wonderful image.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    Nudity, other threads don't get like this.
    it's lame isn't it?

It doesn't take much to get the backs up on you lot.

Quote Originally Posted by koh303
    Ash - read those lines to your self, aloud.
    You your self are no better or more qualified then anyone else.

What makes you more qualified, the fact you are commenting with such air of self importance, Do you have a diploma qualifying you as a an official artist? maybe its the fact your are an exhibiting photographer which makes you qualified...?

Yes as stated I am qualified; I have an AVCE in Art & Design, and a FDa in Photography. 2 years worth of solid education in broad-spectrum "art" techniques covering most if not all media, and then another two specifically in photography, based around vocational skills for presenting work and being able to clearly defend anything I feel worth presenting. On top of that another 18 months working in a lab where local "professionals" printed their work. Don't forget the exhibitions I have been a part of, or solo'd, and the various places in competitions, and published photographs.

I may not be curator of a museum yet, nor a critic for a widely published newspaper, but I can easily provide references to published photographic and art theory that will back up the axioms and assumptions that I have asserted if you so wish it, because I've been trained and capable. But then, I don't know whether it's worth it, because I'll receive more pseudo-science in the response.

So even if you consider I'm no more qualified than anyone else, I can surely provide a more useful opinion to this person than anyone on here has offered. In fact, the only person on here that's ever given me a worthy critique was Frank Petronio, and he pissed you all off as well.

As far as I'm concerned, few if any of you can offer useful opinions as freely as I provide them, and further you offer little more than defensive remarks in retaliation for mine. So stalemate. At least I offered something that may have helped the guy with his poorly executed photograph. It could have been MUCH better. It still could be. He didn't qualify the original posts with "this is a work in progress" it was as if that's the best he had to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian David
    Ash, leaving aside the rest of your unsolicited and self-important tutorial, the comment I have highlighted above really requires a response. Your assertion that one should only post polished work here is nonsense. Once again, this is a forum where all comers can discuss their ideas, find inspiration, and show their work in progress. To cut people down because they have posted something that is simply a developing idea, even if you think it is a flawed idea, ultimately serves to reduce the richness of this place and places like it. If I want to see only polished work that represents the culmination of someone's artistic journey, I will go to an exhibition. Mind you, some stuff that is exhibited is not worth looking at either...
    So be it, but cosmicexplosion responded with remarks that he is a practicing artist, whose work is clearly not understood by the other viewers on this forum, as he will only take the remarks with a pinch of salt:

I take non practicing artist opinions with a grain of salt. Much like a doctor does mine when in diagnosis. Though they are often wrong.
    If he is a practicing artist who only takes your opinions with a pinch of salt, well, I was hoping he might take note of a few home truths that may IMPROVE his work. The key issue here is that cosmicexplosion, in my eyes, seems unwilling to accommodate what little was given to him, though with the work produced he needs all the help he can get. He posted it as if that was his best piece. If you consider working proofs are okay here then fine, but I would have thought a thread such as this was meant for the work people considered good enough to show off, not flooded with the same picture over and over as they learn how to keep FB prints in the developer for long enough to get a deep black.

Actually, most of you lot need all the help you can get. Unfortunately very few of you are willing to actually accept that help and don't have skin thick enough to absorb the impact of a negative albeit constructive criticism. Shown moreso by the desire to protect someone else who receives criticism. Maybe you are all huddling to protect one another in the hope when it's your turn someone will protect you?

There's a reason I stopped posting here. You're so ready to defend each other against criticism, but offer no alternative to help those who need it whether they asked for it or not. There is something lacking in most of you. It's a wasted venture, this forum.

Ash,

I would like to see and learn from your experience, knowledge and work. Is there any place that I can see and partake in your photographs?

Best,

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co