Page 330 of 388 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3876

Thread: Nude

  1. #3291
    I live in Connecticut now.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    5,316

    Nude

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill L. View Post
    Attachment 142337

    BlueRiverDream

    8x10 Impossible Project color film
    300mm Commercial Ektar, F6.3

    I decided to give the 8x10 IP color film a try - Blue was game as it was a nice change up from the 20-30 sec wet plate exposures we were doing. So far, I'm happy with the color results, although so far it doesn't always register the positive and the mylar covering perfectly (as seen here), and doesn't always have 100% coverage of the developing chemicals (and plenty extra on the back of the print) - don't know if that's the film or processor. It's really scary looking at 5 min when it comes out of the processor, but by 30 minutes it gives a lovely image. Now I just have to let it dry for 3-4 weeks!

    Cheers!
    Bill
    Good job on the scene.

    The colors look nice too.

    Is the drying time of 3-4 weeks to prevent some kind of ... "reticulation" like the old impossible B&W that would get strange spotting after a week or two if not placed in sealed containers with desiccant packets? Or some other reason?

  2. #3292

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    196

    Re: Nude

    Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    8x10, 12" Voigtlander Portrait@ f5.6, fp4



    Absolutely lovely!
    Cheers!
    Bill

  3. #3293

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    196

    Re: Nude

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Good job on the scene.

    The colors look nice too.

    Is the drying time of 3-4 weeks to prevent some kind of ... "reticulation" like the old impossible B&W that would get strange spotting after a week or two if not placed in sealed containers with desiccant packets? Or some other reason?
    Thanks for the comment! The colors have a bit of a yellow-green cast, which I associate with the old polaroid integral films. It particularly works for Blue, who has olive skin tones.

    The dry time is what IP is currently recommending, since there is a pretty thick layer of the developing chemicals in the integral film that needs to dry out. I have some of the gen 1 B&W 8x10 film (which I'm not really fond of) - their recommendation is to actually peel it apart and dry the two sides separately, because of the reticulation you mention and/or cracking of the emulsion as I understand it. I have a sheet of gen 1 that I'm drying in the same way just to see if I can get away with it - having to use a hair drier to peel apart the film 20 minutes after processing really throws a monkey wrench into your studio session. I'll follow up in a couple of weeks with how the color and gen 1 B&W hold up with simply letting them dry in open air.

    Bill

  4. #3294

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    285

    Re: Nude

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill L. View Post
    Attachment 142337

    BlueRiverDream

    8x10 Impossible Project color film
    300mm Commercial Ektar, F6.3

    I decided to give the 8x10 IP color film a try - Blue was game as it was a nice change up from the 20-30 sec wet plate exposures we were doing. So far, I'm happy with the color results, although so far it doesn't always register the positive and the mylar covering perfectly (as seen here), and doesn't always have 100% coverage of the developing chemicals (and plenty extra on the back of the print) - don't know if that's the film or processor. It's really scary looking at 5 min when it comes out of the processor, but by 30 minutes it gives a lovely image. Now I just have to let it dry for 3-4 weeks!

    Cheers!
    Bill
    Love this composition and the colors. Makes it look like a classical painting -the colours being 'muted' a bit.
    Would the colours remain similar even after the longish drying time?

  5. #3295

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    196

    Re: Nude

    Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    Love this composition and the colors. Makes it look like a classical painting -the colours being 'muted' a bit.
    Would the colours remain similar even after the longish drying time?
    Thanks for the kind comments! I'll let you know in 3-4 weeks' time on whether the colors shift. This is my first shot using the IP color film. If it looks like it is changing, I'll scan it again and post it to the thread.

    Bill

  6. #3296

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    926

    Re: Nude

    Lovely image ...

    Thanks for sharing and look forward to hear more about your drying experience.

    I'm a "spoiled" 809 Polaroid user who's slowly running out of film. I'm testing the Impossible B&W and have varying results. Plenty of extra goop on the back or left behind in the processor, poor coverage by the chemicals at times and the ever change color/contrast of the film ... it's a new reality ... with a charm ...

    Best
    Rudi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill L. View Post
    Attachment 142337

    BlueRiverDream

    8x10 Impossible Project color film
    300mm Commercial Ektar, F6.3

    I decided to give the 8x10 IP color film a try - Blue was game as it was a nice change up from the 20-30 sec wet plate exposures we were doing. So far, I'm happy with the color results, although so far it doesn't always register the positive and the mylar covering perfectly (as seen here), and doesn't always have 100% coverage of the developing chemicals (and plenty extra on the back of the print) - don't know if that's the film or processor. It's really scary looking at 5 min when it comes out of the processor, but by 30 minutes it gives a lovely image. Now I just have to let it dry for 3-4 weeks!

    Cheers!
    Bill

  7. #3297

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    257

    Re: Nude

    Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    8x10, 12" Voigtlander Portrait@ f5.6, fp4


    Well done!. I love the mood and position of the model.

  8. #3298

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    196

    Re: Nude

    Quote Originally Posted by Amedeus View Post
    Lovely image ...

    Thanks for sharing and look forward to hear more about your drying experience.

    I'm a "spoiled" 809 Polaroid user who's slowly running out of film. I'm testing the Impossible B&W and have varying results. Plenty of extra goop on the back or left behind in the processor, poor coverage by the chemicals at times and the ever change color/contrast of the film ... it's a new reality ... with a charm ...

    Best
    Rudi
    I have 5 shots of 809 left of unknown age, that I have to rate at ISO 40 to get a semi decent exposure. It's hard to decide which shots to burn an exposure on! I tried the gen1 IP B&W film and did not like the results. I haven't tried the gen 2 yet.

    Last I saw, people were trying to get $750-800 a box for 809 on eBay. Alas!

    I'll post before/after scans of the IP color film in a couple of weeks. So far, maybe a touch darker, but not bad.

    Cheers!
    Bill

  9. #3299

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    196

    Re: Nude

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hliw_am_montoya_ip8x10color_1_800px.jpg 
Views:	806 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	143169

    Am Montoya
    Taken on 8x10 Impossible Project color instant film - B&J 8x10 with 300mm Commercial Ektar at f6.3
    Blue tones provided by a couple of Actinic 03 bulbs in my fluorescent lights to make exposure times shorter for wet-plate.

    This was taken at my first shoot with Am, a mix of wet-plate and "polaroids", done yesterday.
    Am is a traveling model, wet-plate veteran, and absolutely lovely to work with! She's heading to Dallas, TX on 12/7 - just in case anyone in the area is interested in booking her.

    Cheers!
    Bill

  10. #3300

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
    Posts
    804

    Re: Nude

    Burke & James 5x7, Arista EDU 400 in Pyrocat-MC; Velostigmat II with diffusion. Christelle Modelle...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22921396754_751297d403_b.jpg 
Views:	893 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	143172
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Similar Threads

  1. 3. Would you yourself pose nude?
    By Frank Petronio in forum On Photography
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 23-Dec-2018, 04:01
  2. Nude photography in New York
    By cyrus in forum On Photography
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 4-Sep-2011, 18:04
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1-Apr-2010, 03:58
  4. ELOQUENT NUDE World Premiere
    By Robert Brummitt in forum Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-Feb-2007, 13:57
  5. 5. Would you be OK with your grown children (18+) posing nude?
    By Frank Petronio in forum On Photography
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2-Nov-2006, 10:23

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •