Thread: Aero ektar for 8 x 10 camera?

Aero ektar for 8 x 10 camera?

has anyone tried to use a 7inch aero ektar for an 8 x 10 camera? I'm attracted to f 2.5 but dont know what IC is?

Re: Aero ektar for 8 x 10 camera?

It was made to cover 4.5" x 4.5" on 5" roll film. 10 lp/mm in the corners wide open. If that isn't enough information for you, get one and try it out on 8x10.

There's a 12"/2.5 Aero Ektar that covers 9" x 9" on 10" roll film. Weighs only 12 pounds. That's what you want. Good luck with respect to timed exposures. Low resolution, at least wide open, 25 lp/mm centrally, 10 in the corners. Good enough for contact printing when shot wide open.

I just put mine on an 8x10 and the image circle is 9". Didn't notice it grow when stopped down. Clearly there will be some vignetting even with no movement, but a 9" circle isn't bad. I will be running some film through mine soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
    I just put mine on an 8x10 and the image circle is 9". Didn't notice it grow when stopped down. Clearly there will be some vignetting even with no movement, but a 9" circle isn't bad. I will be running some film through mine soon.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing the results

has anyone tried to use a 7inch aero ektar for an 8 x 10 camera?

Yes, Henri Gaud in France does it routinely.... but for very special protraits at magnification 1:1, something that should be severely blamed according to classical portrait rules
    According to Dan's specifications the diagonal of a 4.5" square is 6.3". Hence the image circle of 6.3" at infinity.
    At 1:1 the nominal image circle (at infinity) is roughly doubled -> 12.6" this should cover the 8x10" format with little or no movements.

10 lp/mm in the corners wide open.... when you are lucky enough to get the proper focus, otherwise, it is closer to 5 lp/mm or much less ; but 5 lp/mm is what you need for a nice contact print, not much more...

http://trichromie.free.fr/trichromie...aits-AeroEktar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    It was made to cover 4.5" x 4.5" on 5" roll film. 10 lp/mm in the corners wide open. If that isn't enough information for you, get one and try it out on 8x10.

There's a 12"/2.5 Aero Ektar that covers 9" x 9" on 10" roll film. Weighs only 12 pounds. That's what you want. Good luck with respect to timed exposures. Low resolution, at least wide open, 25 lp/mm centrally, 10 in the corners. Good enough for contact printing when shot wide open.
    I have a 12" 2.5 still in the night shutter casing. Any tips on how to disassemble?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
    Did you ever make a photo with that combination?

Mark

Mark, removing the cells is not hard once you loosen the little toothed cam on each cell that prevents counterclockwise rotation.
    Once you have the cells out, then what? I am a hobby machinist and intend to make a new barrel for mine with a slot for waterhouse stops (eventually), it will still be a heavy lens.

Quote Originally Posted by markcornelison View Post
    Did you ever make a photo with that combination?

Mark
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com