Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Platinum,Carbon print Exhibition in Orange County.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Platinum,Carbon print Exhibition in Orange County.

Dear Friends,
    I am pleased to announce my exhibit at SAC Arts at the Santora Building . My work will included both Platinum and Carbon transfer prints from 8x10,12x20 and 20x24 format. Opening night is December 4th - you are invited! A special thanks to Gallery director Phil A Marquez for the opportunity and for hosting my work.

GALLERY HOURS:
    Friday & Saturday, Noon to 4:00PM
    www.sac.edu/art

Re: Platinum,Carbon print Exhibition in Orange County.

Tri,

When is the opening night? Are you going to be there?

Thanks,
    Hugo

Yes, I will be there at the Artist opening night Dec, 04 at 7PM. You will also receive the invitation in the mail. Cheers.

Tri,

You should also let people know the time frame of the exhibition and address of the gallery. A scan of the invitation posted for everybody will be nice too.

Hugo

Cool! Good for you.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Tri, I'm looking forward to seeing the work hung. I have had the good fortune to see Tris work at his home in a nice intimate setting and his images are something not to miss.I will see you at the opening my friend.

Jim

Congratulations, Tri.

It is really wonderful to see some of the younger fellows like you and Jim making such progress with carbon. For many years I felt almost alone in this endeavor. Back in the early 2000s when I made a presentation at APIS on carbon (and Vaughn was also there with his beautiful carbon work), there were probably only about a half-dozen people in the world working carbon at a high level. I don't know the number now, but it has to be much, much larger, and growing every year as new people discover the process. This is very gratifying to me, and I am sure to Vaughn and the handful of other photographers who kept carbon alive until the current generation of folks like Tri and Jim discovered it.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Sooooooo upsetting. I thought you meant Orange County NY. I was so excited. Why is all the good stuff on the left coast???? Best of luck to the exhibition. Sounds amazing.

Leo

I'll be there Tri...Congrats!
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Congratulations, Tri.

It is really wonderful to see some of the younger fellows like you and Jim making such progress with carbon. For many years I felt almost alone in this endeavor. Back in the early 2000s when I made a presentation at APIS on carbon (and Vaughn was also there with his beautiful carbon work), there were probably only about a half-dozen people in the world working carbon at a high level. I don't know the number now, but it has to be much, much larger, and growing every year as new people discover the process. This is very gratifying to me, and I am sure to Vaughn and the handful of other photographers who kept carbon alive until the current generation of folks like Tri and Jim discovered it.

Sandy

Dear Sandy,
    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Carbon print has been my passion for all these years. I feel grateful for the opportunity to learn under Jim’s guidance. As you know I have been doing Platinum for quite a while so the Carbon process is a familiar transition. Platinum and Carbon printing is the ultimate art form, and I am glad to be a part of it.

With this coming exhibition at Santa Ana College, I'm excited and look forward for the public and the students to get exposure to this phenomenal art process. I am passionate about this level of processing photography and am honored to continue learning and keeping the process alive for the next generations to come. I think you’re a legend and the process you teach is legendary. I also look forward to meeting you, whether here in California or by chance anywhere else in the world.

Regards,
    TT