Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To the Moscow meetings large and medium a format 3 years

Re: To the Moscow meetings large and medium a format 3 years

Mogu govorit (no ne kak vy!) i citaju Dovstojevskogo po russki.

Strange situation. You read Dostoevsky and the Block. And we read Steven King and Terri Pratchet
    And you whence?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonenko View Post
    Strange situation. You read Dostoevsky and the Block. And we read Steven King and Terri Pratchet
    You see - but I hope there are those of you who like the classics too...

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    You see - but I hope there are those of you who like the classics too...
    Certainly is. And much. I come into the underground or a train - read all

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    They are still fun, but that fun is tempered by the fact that I can buy a used Pentax 6x7 in good user condition for the same price as a new-old-stock Kiev 60 that may not work at all. And even the lenses are much closer than they used to be.

Rick "who has a couple of Feds resting comfortably unused on a shelf" Denney
    Yep, it seems Kiev prices have held up better than almost all the other MF brands. Have just been looking for a 645 camera. When I bought the Kiev 60 it was easily the cheapest 6x6 SLR by a long way (could have had 2 or 3 Kievs for the price of the next nearest) this time round I've ended up with a very nice Mamiya 645, could have had aN equally good Bronica for a little bit more and both would have been less than a well sorted Kiev. And doesn't cost much for an adapter to stick the fisheye on the Mamiya!

Quote Originally Posted by davkt View Post
    Yep, it seems Kiev prices have held up better than almost all the other MF brands. Have just been looking for a 645 camera. When I bought the Kiev 60 it was easily the cheapest 6x6 SLR by a long way (could have had 2 or 3 Kievs for the price of the next nearest) this time round I've ended up with a very nice Mamiya 645, could have had aN equally good Bronica for a little bit more and both would have been less than a well sorted Kiev. And doesn't cost much for an adapter to stick the fisheye on the Mamiya!
    My Kiev 60 bought for 100 dollars serves regularly 5th year. Any malfunction done not happen. It thus that I casually dropped it about a tile some times

My Kiev 60 bought for 100 dollars serves regularly 5th year. Any malfunction done not happen. It thus that I casually dropped it about a tile some times

Yep my Kiev 60 is a great reliable camera, I need to service it at the moment but once I've had time to do that it will be good for many more years! I seem to remember mine cost around $250 from Kievcamera.net 8 or 9 years ago but for that cash it had been flocked inside and had mirror lock up added.

And you whence?
    Great to hear that Diskworld has found it's way to Russia!

Quote Originally Posted by davkt View Post
    Yep my Kiev 60 is a great reliable camera, I need to service it at the moment but once I've had time to do that it will be good for many more years! I seem to remember mine cost around $250 from Kievcamera.net 8 or 9 years ago but for that cash it had been flocked inside and had mirror lock up added.
    I have looked this site. Very expensively. I can find in 3-4 times more cheaply.

And you whence?
    I much prefer the Brothers Strugatsky, and Bulgakov to Steven King! I also love Dostoevsky and Nabokov, and perhaps most of all, Akhmatova!

As for thieves in Peter; I've carried my camera around the world, and locals always warn me to hide it, disguise it, or leave it in my hotel room, but I've never had any problem. I hope my luck holds out in Russia.

What kind of wooden field camera are you interested in? Some old ones sell for little money, but the better ones can be quite expensive. Let me know what you'd like, and I'll look for it.

We are fortunate here to have access to the widest variety of materials, and my current favorite printing paper is Slavich Bromoportrait Silk.

Be well!