Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuji 4X5 Quick Change Holder and 8 sheet Cassette

Fuji 4X5 Quick Change Holder and 8 sheet Cassette

Has anyone out there tried Fuji's new holder and 8 sheet cassette. I have spoken with the importer. He says it is not distributed to the U S. It consists of a h older and a light tight cassette with 8 septa. It operates similar to a Grafmati c. The Cassette comes preloaded with film...RDP or Velvia. Once this film is exp osed or discarded, the septa can be reloaded with the 4X5 film of your choice. I would like to hear from someone who has used this system before I spring for $2 50. Thanks.

Joe Egge Portland, OR

>He says it is not distributed to the U S.

Not true! See: http://www.badgergraphic.com/search_product2.asp? x=2436
    Alec

<a name="1">Joe,</a>

Robert White has info on this system.

$250.00!

$149.00 at badger (not sure if that includes the film)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

It's great (so far -- about six cycles with 4 cassettes.)

You will need to practice unloading and loading with scrap film; it's a bit tricky
    John Hennessy

Joe, I've been using the Quickchange holder for a few months now and it is working out very well. Actually I just purchased a couple more inserts from Badger Graphics that just happen to be on sale. The reason for my initial purchase was the lack of availability of Readyload type films in Canada and getting the readyloads from the States with our dismal dollar is just too expensive for us Canucks. After using the holder for a while now I think I would use it instead of readyload regardless of price. The quickchange is very economical and peels a lot of weight and bulk from my back. The holder is well built and the inserts sturdy enough to use over and over including the counter. Just make sure you practice using the holder a few times, it could be really easy to fog eight sheets all at once.

Would any of you, users, believe that the cassettes are strong enough to be relo aded indefinitely or are they just good enough to be reloaded a few times? I guess you have to unload them and not send them to the lab where they would be considered as single use material?

Greetings,

I have a complete description of the use and reloading of the Quick Change system along with pix, that can be found here: http://www.f32.net/Services/Equipment/Accessories/quickchange.html

Regards,

Paul, I think that with normal field use the inserts should last a very long time. The inserts are plastic but seem to be very solid for a supposedly one time use item, I guess only time will tell. At present I carry the extra inserts in their cardboard boxes, much like the Quickload films. Eventually I'll probably make a padded bag of some sought to carry all the extra inserts.

Thanks Adam. I am a Quickload afficionado but these films are no longer imported on a regular base here in Switzerland. The Quickchange would also be a good way of using my stock of froze n outdated films in travel, despite my previous decision never to bother with loading film in the field. But the ins erts are very expensive and unless they last forever, I would never buy.

Pete, thanks for the outstanding page on the system!