Thread: Forum members in the vicinity of Niagara

Senior for sure

Forum members in the vicinity of Niagara

I have something of an odd request - I'm currently trolling the market for a 4x5 capable enlarger (having converted all other formats to digital scanning, print ing, can't afford a good 4x5 scanner sigh! ), I am finding that the likelihood the model I find will be located in the US, because I'm not seeing very many us ed models in Canada. The rub? -Because I'm located in Canada, the shipping costs go ballistic on these once they go over the border because of their weight (I'm looking at $200-300cdn.) I'm wondering if there is a forum member who is a reas onable days drive from US Niagara Falls/ Buffalo area who would be willing to re ceive a shipment, for direct pickup by me. There would be no cost involved, just a shipping address in the US. Please email me off the forum if any of you might be willing. Thanks!

I don't know what you are thinking, Toronto is full of 4x5 Omega's with colour, soft or condensor heads. There is going to be a photo swap meet in Toronto on May 5th sponsored by the Phoo Historic Society and I know there will be 5 to 10 4x5 elargers there for sale , most go fo about 400CDN, If you want some people to find one for you in Canada contact the photo historic society and I am sure Larry B. can find what you are looking for.

KHB Photographix, Henry's, Downtown Camera or Vistek probably have used 4x5 enlargers. Check them out in downtown Toronto.

Photo Source, Dick Raas, Rochester NY. Hahn Graphic, Rochester NY. Wright Images, Rochester NY. All have used 4x5 enlargers for sale as o last 2 weeks. 90mi. east of Niagara. and while you're here, George Eastman House.