Page 249 of 329 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3285

Thread: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Re: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    got all excited. Then got a strange email ping from the seller that "they accidentally mailed me the wrong package, please return." Sure enough, I got the wrong thing, a bunch of small plastic toys. But I see a new tracking number, so the right package is coming...I hope.
    Someone sent me a wrong package once to work. Instead of camera gear or car parts or whatever it was, I got a toy crossbow! They told me to keep it. It happens less than I'd anticipate though.

Wollensak Series II f/4.5 15.5" with diffusion ring in studio shutter (missing piston). quite a bit of missing paint. $535. item: 141492433501

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Hey! I resemble that.
    I think we all are

Garett - thanks for calming words. Alas, they didn't give phone in first place. Finally got answer on Thursday, that their eBay person had left and they now trying to figure out where things are. In short words - no it wasn't sent at all. And still wasn't But at least now i know phone # and stuff - so , fingers crossed, it might just make it here in time for 27th, which will it make proper birthday present.

Got a literally perfect 11 1/2 inch verito $700

Easy enough to put a modern yellow filter on them.. I have 2 but don't use the yellow

371210535521 , 14" Verito for 405$. I kept thinking of bidding on it, but decided against.. much to my elbow biting now

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    371210535521 , 14" Verito for 405$. I kept thinking of bidding on it, but decided against.. much to my elbow biting now
    Me too, but the missing actuator part is a show stopper on these. There simply are zero parts for these beasts. Wish someone would gear up and make us some "Open - Closed" levers with shoulder screw, and some actuator assemblies. Trouble is there are at least 4 possible sizes as the shutters get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Me too, but the missing actuator part is a show stopper on these. There simply are zero parts for these beasts. Wish someone would gear up and make us some "Open - Closed" levers with shoulder screw, and some actuator assemblies. Trouble is there are at least 4 possible sizes as the shutters get bigger.
    but I thought you got that hand shutter trick and don't really need shutters? (me - i stick with packards or very long exposures or both )

Quote Originally Posted by SergeiR View Post
    but I thought you got that hand shutter trick and don't really need shutters? (me - i stick with packards or very long exposures or both )
    I use a Packard 99% of the time with these Studio Shutter lenses. Packard is a repeatable 1/25th while the Studio is about 1/5th sec fastest time. Still, I'm anal about my equipment being complete and operable whether I choose to use it or not. On the Deardorff 11X14 or the Eastman 7X11 I need to rely on the Studio Shutter, and I do. These would be simple things to make. I'm surprised someone hasn't made a "cottage industry" out of them. The price realized on the Verito we're speaking of reflects the $250 hit you take when these pieces are missing.

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Kruger View Post
    Wollensak Series II f/4.5 15.5" with diffusion ring in studio shutter (missing piston). quite a bit of missing paint. $535. item: 141492433501
    That was me. I might have overpaid a little, but I know I can fix the shutter.