Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Old Geezer Photographer from Canada

Re: An Old Geezer Photographer from Canada

Quote Originally Posted by tkareb View Post
    Hi Frank,
    I hear that if the ocean goes up another 6 inches, Gabriola will be history and you'll have to swim over to Gibsons. You'se a prolific photo-dude mon judging by flickkr.
    Alex
    thanks for the kind words Alex
    aside from some 35 mm film, most of what you see posted on my flickr site was done with a digital camera. I find it quicker and easier, but film is more challenging and fun..

one of these days I will get more of my LF work on here
    have to get around to scanning some of the sheets of film which I have developed but not done anything with

am at your end of the country right now, but swimming to Gibson's is a little far from me, keep a good look out and I will wave to you, we can see your coast line from where we are situated. We return back to Toronto at the end of August...

good luck with your entry back to the world of photography, it is a great retirement passtime
    you can find my images on flickr at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/feberdt/sets/

Hi Alex, I'm over in Coquitlam. Welcome back to film photography and to this site. Hey, is Molly's Reach still open for business?

Hey Andrew,
    Yes Molly's Reach is still there. It changed hands some five years ago and has become pretty expensive.
    Whereabouts in Coquitlam are you? I lived there some 14 years ago - had one of those 'leaking condos' which caused me to lose everything. I must say I like it better here on the Sunshine coast.
    Alex

Alex, did you have a studio in Vancouver (41rst and Cambie)?

Aporodagon,
    No, That Studio belonged to my brother Val and I worked for him for some time. Most of My work was done in Winnipeg where I had a studio in partnership and we did mostly commercial work.
    Alex

Aporodagon... did you develop those negatives yet??

Smile Re: An Old Geezer Photographer from Canada

Alex, maybe after I develop those negatives (thanks for the reminder, Andy), Andy and I might cross Howe Sound to visit (with our 8x10s of course)

Quote Originally Posted by aporodagon View Post
    Alex, maybe after I develop those negatives (thanks for the reminder, Andy), Andy and I might cross Howe Sound to visit (with our 8x10s of course)
    aporodagon,
    You mean that you and Andy both shoot 8x10's? I presume that's in b&w?
    If you do venture to the Sunshine Coast you'll find that there are some interesting subjects to photograph. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in person.

Hi Alex,

I'm very near corner of Dewdney and Lougheed. I grew up with The Beachcombers (I grew up in Saskatchewan) and want to take my photo standing in front of it, dressed up like Relic... or Molly.
    Yes, John (oops, I've blown your cover!) and I shoot 8x10. He shoots it when he remembers to bring his 8x10 back. He remembered the last time we were out shooting the Royal Hudson. Anybody have a Jobo out there that they are not using?
    When we get over there, we'll contact you... PM me you phone number.
    PS. John, thanks for the lenses!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_E View Post
    thanks for the kind words Alex
    aside from some 35 mm film, most of what you see posted on my flickr site was done with a digital camera. I find it quicker and easier, but film is more challenging and fun..

one of these days I will get more of my LF work on here
    have to get around to scanning some of the sheets of film which I have developed but not done anything with

am at your end of the country right now, but swimming to Gibson's is a little far from me, keep a good look out and I will wave to you, we can see your coast line from where we are situated. We return back to Toronto at the end of August...

good luck with your entry back to the world of photography, it is a great retirement passtime