Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscl. Meniscii

Retired

Re: Miscl. Meniscii

This is an abandon house from an abandon mill village so common in North Carolina 70 years ago. I have been enjoying the Scovill len.

Camera – Old Speed Graflex with Scovill Lens shot with Ilford HP4 process in HC110

Jack

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-H...09348465760954

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Just posted this in the "Still Life" thread but it seems more appropriate here. (Sorry, I'm new. If cross-posting is a no-no just smack me upside the head!)
    Cross-posting is only acceptable if the image is wonderful. Yours qualifies!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Alex Thomas

My younger sister, where she can be found most hours of the day.

Front element from a pair of binoculars duct-taped to a Seneca 4x5 camera, with the ground glass slightly out of alignment (hence the out-of-focus face). 20sec exposure on Fotokemika Varykon RC paper cut to fit in a holder. Developed in D-76 for ten-ish minutes in a primitive non-heated darkroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Cross-posting is only acceptable if the image is wonderful. Yours qualifies!
    Mark,

High praise, thank you. I am very happy with the image--a happy surprise upon scanning the negative. I did very little to the scan other than remove dust. The color saturation for such old film surprised me. Admittedly, there may have been some "auto" settings on the scanner at play here that I have not yet changed. I'm getting better, though. Scanning is an art I have yet to master.

As a relative newcomer to these forums I am happy to report my image posts have been received with warmth and kindness. I hope to return the favor over time.

Jonathan

Struss Pictorial Lens 9" on 5x7 FP4. I'm really glad I took some time to work with this lens over Christmas.

14 inch Dallmeyer #2 Rapid Landscape with the barrel removed (meniscus). The Yellow Lilly was too washed out for me, but this should be an interesting lens.

Here are a couple of shots taken with my 9 inch Struss.

Good to see some soft focus in color, Jon. Hey, you might want to post the Struss shots in the Struss thread: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=78953

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    Good to see some soft focus in color, Jon. Hey, you might want to post the Struss shots in the Struss thread: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=78953
    Thanks Garrett. I will do so. Do we have a Spencer Port-Land thread started? I picked a 9" inch on recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wilson View Post
    Thanks Garrett. I will do so. Do we have a Spencer Port-Land thread started? I picked a 9" inch on recently.
    Yup. Get to it. Ask ken lee.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery