Thread: Durst 138 lensboard

Durst 138 lensboard

Guys

I have just aquired my first LF enlarger, a Durst 138 bloody things a monster, I got 3 lens with it, 2 of the lenses have a lensboard, 1 does not, so I cannot use it, the lens is a Rodenstock Apo-Gerogen 1:9 210mm, does anyone know if a lensboard is actually made for this lens, or will I need to improvise.

Thanks
    David

Re: Durst 138 lensboard

David,

There are two versions of the lens mounting stage on the 138 (that I am aware of, maybe there are more).

One, the turret is removable.
    The other, it is not.

If you have a removable turret, you can use the Unipla boards, almost large enough to mount a small car.

If the turret is not removable, you can scour e bay for Lapla lens boards for your unit.
    Threads sizes up to 50 are sort of common, crossing 50 becomes harder to find.
    The really big boys can be made by Jensen at Durst Pro USA. Not cheap, but very well made.

Be careful what you spend mounting the lens, because an older Rodagon, mounted and ready to go, is not that dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen in Montreal View Post
    David,

There are two versions of the lens mounting stage on the 138 (that I am aware of, maybe there are more).

One, the turret is removable.
    The other, it is not.

If you have a removable turret, you can use the Unipla boards, almost large enough to mount a small car.

If the turret is not removable, you can scour e bay for Lapla lens boards for your unit.
    Threads sizes up to 50 are sort of common, crossing 50 becomes harder to find.
    The really big boys can be made by Jensen at Durst Pro USA. Not cheap, but very well made.

Be careful what you spend mounting the lens, because an older Rodagon, mounted and ready to go, is not that dear.
    Thanks Allen
    I cannot see how to remove it, so I wll assume it is fixed, I will need a Lapla lensboard.
    David

If it's a turret there will be a nut in the center of the round lens board holder, remove it and the round lens board holder will come off.

If you have the turret on your 138 you will need a lens board that will extend below the turret so that the turret can be rotated. For the Rodenstock 210mm you will need to find a Roding 58 lens board. Roding boards re designed to allow the larger Rodenstock lenses to be used on the Durst.

Regards
    Gord