Thread: Different Deardorff V8 board lip thicknesses?

Different Deardorff V8 board lip thicknesses?

My Air Force contract V8 came with the contract lens (a 13" Series Ia Raptar) on a board with precisely 1/8" (3.2mm) lip thickness. Not surpisingly, it is an exact fit to the camera. Yet other boards I've gotten from a retired commercial photog who used Deardorffs that look as though they are OEM have a lip thickness of 4mm; I have to slack off the retaining bar screws to use them...not good if done too often.

The SKG database gives the spec as .19" (4.8mm).

Que pase?

Also looking for a source for a few boards to fit my camera.

Re: Different Deardorff V8 board lip thicknesses?

Scott Perry, a member of the LF Forums, should be able to fix you up. Have a look here:http://home.dejazzd.com/maperry/lensboards.html

Deardorff cameras evolved over time, so some variation in lensboards is to be expected. If the board is a little big or thick it should be possible to trim it to fit.

BTW - I regularly see aftermarket lensboards in my shop that don't fit very well, or are made of particle board and simply aren't strong enough. Anyone needing boards should pay the little extra - if any - and get high quality, solid hardwood boards.

I'll follow up with Scott.

I read in a Richard Knoppow post that the Agfa-Ansco standard was changed to 6" during WWII to conform to the Kodak 2D military spec. These Ansco 6" boards are compatible with my AF V8....1/8" lip. Are 2D boards 6" sq; square corners, 1/8" lip? (Not given on SKG database page)

The standard for the Deardorf is 0.187 to 0.190. I have seem a few with the 0.125 lip.

The V8 with the .019 lip have rounded corners.

The 1/8 lip boards may have either square or rounded corners. Most had the square corners.
    I have all 3 types in stock.
    Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by john wilton View Post
    I'll follow up with Scott.

I read in a Richard Knoppow post that the Agfa-Ansco standard was changed to 6" during WWII to conform to the Kodak 2D military spec. These Ansco 6" boards are compatible with my AF V8....1/8" lip. Are 2D boards 6" sq; square corners, 1/8" lip? (Not given on SKG database page)
    Someday... if/when my 2-D ever arrives, it's supposed to come with lensboards. I'm sure I'll get a few boards made for it too. It's nice to know they fit the Agfa Ansco. I really like my Ansco 5x7. I wouldn't mind getting its big brother one day.