Thread: De Vere 507 enlarger

De Vere 507 enlarger

Has anyone some information concerning the 507 De Vere enlarger? How good is the dichroic hear for b&w? Thanks.

De Vere 507 enlarger

I live about 20mins from the DeVere office and have had some dealings with them on this subject regarding the 504 dichro head. I asked the Managing Director exactly this question phrased as " what does a dedicated B&W head cost? " His response was: "Why? The dichro head does exactly the same job equally well! "

That was good enough for me and I have never pondered upon it for a moment in the last few years.

De Vere 507 enlarger

Hi Awsiya

I use a 504 De Vere with dichroic head, I only print b&w with VC papers and can highly recomend this setup. I've tested many enlargers and in my opinion the De Vere is superior to most.

By the way I modified my De Vere to take a 13 inch long panoramic neg, the conversion was very successful, you can see some pics on my website www.bigshotz.co.nz/projects.html

De Vere 507 enlarger

Thanks for your answers. Do you know what filters (Agfa, Durst or Kodak) the head is fitted with?

De Vere 507 enlarger

The De Vere's use the Kodak scale but they have different max. values so I can't see how they can be the same. Atfer you've used it for a while you'll start using your own values to get the print contrast to suit the images you want. Just experiment a bit.