Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISO Camera Bellows Manufacturer

ISO Camera Bellows Manufacturer

I'd like to replace the bellows on a Deardorff 8x10. Besides making it myself, which I am loathe to do, what options are available? Can anyone recommend a rea lly good source for camera bellows?

I've been talking with Camera Bellows in Birmingham, United Kingdom, which is a Lee Filter Systems subsidiary. Has anyone dealt with them before? What's the q uality of their product?

Thanks all.

What country are you in? There are several good bellows makers in the US, if you're on the left side of the Atlantic....

They have the best replacement bellows of all (http:// www.camerabellows.com/). The other company is in Florida (http:// www.flexproducts.com/) but they don't guarantee that a bellows will compact as good as the original. This put up a red flag to me being that I shoot Linhoff Tech III and want to be able to close the camera up. I would send it off to to England if I were you. Great service and not that expensive!!! Cheers

Purchased several bellows from them and I highly reommend their product. They manufacture original bellows for KB Canham and Linhof among others. I actually had them make me a synthetic bellows for my Linhof Technikardan out of the same material that comes on Canham cameras which I find extremely flexible and strong as well as an original bellows and they are both fantastic. The price was a fraction of what I would have to pay Linhof.

I would not hesitate to use them again nor make this recommendation. Turn around time was also very reasonable. Cheers!

Richard,

I had camerabellows make a replacement bellows for my Linhof Technika, and was very happy with the results. The bellows were supple and very well made. I believe that camera bellows manufactures original bellows for both Linhof and Canham. Prices are on par with other bellows manufactures

Note that you will need to send the original bellows to them for sizing, I believe they will attach the bellows to the camera for a nominal sum.

email: donna@leefilters.com

I have also heard good things about Western Bellows Company in CA (909- 980-0606). There are also two companies in FL and NY which I have heard produce inferior bellows.

jason

Thanks for the response so far. Terry, I'm in the states. Do you have a domestic recommendation?

Richard, I've used Universal on Long Island (they may be the one J referred to above when he wrote, "there are also two companies in FL and NY which I have heard produce inferior bellows.") They did a very good job for me, but I don't know if their product will look as handmade or custom as the British company discussed above. In other words, Universal's price and quality were exactly what I wanted, but if you've got a classic 'dorff (and quality is more important than price) you may want to go the extra (4000) miles....

I have had Western Bellows in CA make bellows for my 5x7 and 8x10 Deardorff. Fine craftmanship and resaonable price. He was one of the suppliers to Deardorff for Bellows.

Best Regards, Robert

I hve a custom made bellows from Camera Bellows for my H6x17 V-Pan. It is very similar in construction to the bellows for the Canham DLC which they also make for Cahham. My understanding is Camera Bellows is the contractor who makes the bellows and compendium bellows for many of the "major" European based camera manufacturers.

The quality is terrific.

I had Western Bellows (in Ontario, Ca, I think) make a replacement for a Deardorff special. The work was first rate in all respects and I believe there were an OEM for bellows for Deardorff at one time, at least that's what I was told the first time I called them.