Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jobo CPP-2 Cold Water Inlet Brass Adapter

Jobo CPP-2 Cold Water Inlet Brass Adapter

I picked up a Jobo CPP-2 on eBay and would like to hook up the cold water inlet. The CPP2 was originally supplied with a Brass Adapter (#13068) and Washer (#15157) in order to hook up to a 3/4 inch washing machine hose. The plastic inlet connection on the machine is threaded. I assume this is a metric thread and that the adapter is to allow use of U.S. sized hoses. I tried calling Omega Satter but no one answered the phone. Is my metric/U.S. assumption correct and is there a source for this adapter?

Re: Jobo CPP-2 Cold Water Inlet Brass Adapter

I recently helped a friend with the exact same problem. He got a like new Jobo CPP-2 from ebay with no adapter. From what I recall I had him get a pipe (NPT) thread to garden hose adapter (at Home Depot) and it worked OK. The Jobo solenoid may actually be a BSP thread (British) as the emptying spigot thread is BSP (but this is just a guess as I don't know if the solenoid is a British part like the spigot). With some pipe dope the NPT to garden hose adapter seemed to work (this is what I recall from the last time I spoke with him).

We are moving this weekend, to our new 80,000 sq foot warehouse. We should be up and running monday-tuesday. Phone numbers remain the same.

The inlet is not metric its an NPT which not common in the US for washer hoses. I have the adapters so a common garden hose can be used.

gblank@omegasatter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Ober View Post
    I picked up a Jobo CPP-2 on eBay and would like to hook up the cold water inlet. The CPP2 was originally supplied with a Brass Adapter (#13068) and Washer (#15157) in order to hook up to a 3/4 inch washing machine hose. The plastic inlet connection on the machine is threaded. I assume this is a metric thread and that the adapter is to allow use of U.S. sized hoses. I tried calling Omega Satter but no one answered the phone. Is my metric/U.S. assumption correct and is there a source for this adapter?

Thanks and good luck with the move. I'll give you a call next week. I won't be using the cold water input initially.

Thanks,
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I recently helped a friend with the exact same problem. He got a like new Jobo CPP-2 from ebay with no adapter. From what I recall I had him get a pipe (NPT) thread to garden hose adapter (at Home Depot) and it worked OK. The Jobo solenoid may actually be a BSP thread (British) as the emptying spigot thread is BSP (but this is just a guess as I don't know if the solenoid is a British part like the spigot). With some pipe dope the NPT to garden hose adapter seemed to work (this is what I recall from the last time I spoke with him).

I dropped the ball on this for two years. I am now getting ready to build a darkroom. Do you still have the adapters?

Thanks,
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    We are moving this weekend, to our new 80,000 sq foot warehouse. We should be up and running monday-tuesday. Phone numbers remain the same.

The inlet is not metric its an NPT which not common in the US for washer hoses. I have the adapters so a common garden hose can be used.

gblank@omegasatter.com

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

FWIW, I recently had to replace the drain spigot on my CPA-2. The threads on the Jobo spigot were 3/4" and Home Depot did not carry a replacement spigot that would work. I did find a plastic water heater ball-type spigot at Ace hardware threaded for 3/4" that has a garden hose connection on the outlet for a little over $5. Works perfectly but doesn't drain as fast as the original Jobo spigot.

Thomas

Photographer

You can get the adapter from 3/4" to garden hose at Home Depot or Lowes. I've found both plastic and brass adapters.
    Keith Pitman

Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    FWIW, I recently had to replace the drain spigot on my CPA-2. The threads on the Jobo spigot were 3/4" and Home Depot did not carry a replacement spigot that would work. I did find a plastic water heater ball-type spigot at Ace hardware threaded for 3/4" that has a garden hose connection on the outlet for a little over $5. Works perfectly but doesn't drain as fast as the original Jobo spigot.

Thomas
    I just replaced the drain valve on my Jobo as well. I fabricated a valve with two inexpensive parts I found at Lowes: First, I used one of the 3/4" to garden hose adapters mentioned above, then I got a garden hose shut off valve from the garden department. The plastic lock nut from the old Jobo valve was salvaged, and I made a washer from scrap plastic, and sealed it withe silicone. Works better than the old Jobo valve ever did.
    Keith Pitman

No doubt one can modify and get acceptable results for use, changes sometimes will affect wether one can sell a used piece for what a pristine unit will go for. That said since this thread is being brought back, the original issue was wether standard garden hoses can be used. The Thread on the Solenoid of all Jobos is an NPT adapters can be found at plumbing supply stores. The problem though is that a standard garden hose tends to be rather leaky even with a gasket, requiring teflon tape at the least. Its mainly an issue around the processor as leaking spraying water can find its way into the electronics. The experience I have is that European washing machine hoses fit the processor the best with zero leakage and no need for taping and creating a less than mobile situation. I then just use an adapter on my sinks faucet to connect the European hose. Problem is the European hoses are rather hard come by here in the US.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com