Thread: Hello from Phoenix

Hello from Phoenix

Looking forward to learn and be inspired by so many talented photographers in the world. I have been doing photography for a long time but I have been involved in Photojournalism for most of my photographic life. Large format, is where I always went when I needed to rediscover the passion I have for photography. Slow down, experience the process and enjoy its reward.

Re: Hello from Phoenix

Welcome, good to have you here! Enjoyed the post and shots from your Death Valley trip.

Rick

Welcome to group therepy, Brad! I was around photojournalism so long that I actually remember seeing guys who still had Graphics in the office, though my first newspaper job was in the 35mm and 6x6 era when I used Minolta and Rolei cameras. LF does tend to slow you down and make you really take part in the photography. You live in an area very suited to LF work.

Welcome aboard, Brad. I took Photojournalism from Cornelius Keyes at Arizona State University a couple of ice ages ago. You happen to live in a particularly nice area for large format photography. Make sure you post some photos of the mountains in your area so I can wax nostalgic.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Richard M. Coda

Hi Brad:

Welcome all the way from Scottsdale!

Nice work on your sites! I've photographed that Babbitt's ad in the alley in Flagstaff with my 8x10 camera in BW... have to go back for it in color with the 4x5.

Rich
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

Thank you for the warm welcome. Michael, it's a small world just this week I judged an ASU Photojournalism contest with Con Keyes. I didn't see him because he's in LA but he was the other judge. He's a great teacher. Vick love that, welcome to group therapy. Finally a place where I might fit in. SW thanks for checking out the blog and Death Valley Post. My life has transformed in the past year and my blog has gotten lost, Just last week I decided to take into a new direction.

Scottsdale Richard, WOW! I just spent a lot of time on your blog. Love it. I have known Rod for 25 years at least. I have met Randy E. a few times but he wouldn't know me from Adam. Trevino was a stringer for the Tribune Newspaper for many years. I was a photographer and eventually the photo editor there for 20 years. Interesting how we all cross over. It's interesting how many people have shot the Babbitt mural in Flagstaff. It's kind of hidden. I enjoyed seeing it on your blog. Thanks again maybe we'll meet at sometime.

Greetings from Ahwatukee!
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

Welcome Bradford, greetings from Gilbert.