Thread: Lens mounting plate for Durst Laborator 1200?

Lens mounting plate for Durst Laborator 1200?

I had been looking for a better enlarger lens for my Lab 1200 to use with 4x5 negatives, and was happy to pounce on a very nice Componon-S 5.6/135 for a good price. However, I did not realise this has a larger diameter thread than the lens I am used to. The new one seems to be close to 50mm diameter. I now need a mounting plate to suit.

What is this part called? Would anyone have a spare one they could part with?

Thanks!

Re: Lens mounting plate for Durst Laborator 1200?

On my L1200 it is a "LAPLA" and if your current board is a 78mm diameter disc then LAPLA is correct. I have a Lab 138 with the TRIPLA turret and that used LAPLA boards. However I also recall seeing similar but smaller boards so it may pay to enquire about the size rather than just assuming the vendor's description is correct.

Lapla - that sounds like it. Yes, I think it measures 77mm across. Thanks for the ID.

There are two versions of the Comp-s 135, on has a 42mm thread (non illuminated f aperture scale), the other, a 50mm I believe. You can find used Lapla boards with both of those sizes on the evil but it takes lots of time.

One of our European friends here on LFPF alerted me to a sale on German e bay and that is where I picked up my 42mm Lapla for about 10 dollars.

I have a 150mm Componon-S, and like Allen, it has the 42mm mount. It took a few months but eventually a reasonable priced Lapla came up on fleabay. I think I paid $20 for mine. The 50mm ones seem more scarce.

Also, keep you eyes open for enlarging lenses that get sold with Lapla to persons without Durst enlargers. To the new lens owner that Lapla is just something for the junk box. I just got a Durst Vapla plate from the For Sale forum that way.

I've found a 42mm Lapla on Oz ebay. Time for another visit to my friend at the coast, who has a wonderful lathe.