Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grrr, cats!

Grrr, cats!

I shot some 4x5's over the past few days. Went to process them and stepped out of the room for about two minutes before starting. Our loving cat slipped in, my fault, and he loves to paw things off tables, etc. to watch them bounce onto the floor. This time, it was my Combi Plan tank. and two corners were cracked. I went ahead, but had to modify my agitation maneuvers a bit, but the sheets turned out fine. Good thing we love the little bugger.

Drew Wiley

Re: Grrr, cats!

I was setting up a studio shoot once with a brand-new big roll of blue studio backgrnd
    paper suspended from a rod on the ceiling and draped to the floor. My particularly rambunctious cat of the era got ahold of it and started unravelling it as fast as he could, then rerolled the whole thing around himself on the floor at the same time,
    all while flailing his claws like crazy until he turned the entire new roll into confetti.
    My portrait clients arrived just in time to witness the incredible mess.

YOu beat me.

Yes ... I have Rumsford the Photography Cat ... one that T.S. Eliot surely overlooked in his set of cat poems ... he likes the whir of the Beseler motor turning the Jobo 3005 ... but he is very careful about stepping around everything and settling into the most inconvenient work area during my developing. As you can tell from the picture, he's also into classic 35mm:

My girlfriend's Persian was asleep in the closet I use to load my film holders. I didn't see her until it was too late. I was loading a 5x7 holder and suddenly there was this "thud" as she landed on my little work table on top of a film holder. It is amazing how much fur they can leave on a sheet of film. She is a silver gray kitty, same color as my carpet, She really blends in. I am much more careful now to be sure the cat is out of the closet before loading or unloading film holders.

I have a dog.
    The only problem is that he's too awesome.

We have 2 cats, mine is the best cat ever.
    OTOH, my wifes cat is rotten, & pisses and/or barfs on anything of mine thats important .
    (especially camera bags)
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

We have two cats and they do occasionally allow me to shoot them. They were our children's cats. Then the children went away to university, we cant have cats at school. after graduation they got their own apartments, we cant have cats at the apartment. then they move to another state and got married, Alex doesn't like cats. One day they said guess what we rescued a lost kitty and Alex likes him too. Now these are my cats.

The difference between cats and dogs is the dog says they feed me and give me water they must be god. The cat says they feed me and give me water I must be god.

Once in a while i see where a a cat hair got on a negative and that print is ruined. The cat looks at me and says Yea So?
    Wally Brooks

Everything is Analog!
    Any Fool Can Shoot Digital!
    Any Coward can shoot a zoom! Use primes and get closer.

Drew Wiley

My darkrooms are in a different building from my house, with pets not allowed,
    although cats have sometimes formally objected to this rule by spraying on my
    air intake vent. The biggest risk is cat hair on myself or clothing as I enter the lab
    area. So I use the compressor to blow everything off and then put on a cleanroom
    smock if necessary. Working with film or color printing is the most fussy time of
    course. But right now I've got to chase the cats off the camera pack in the back
    of my truck so I can go shoot!

Preston Birdwell

We can't have cats at my place, but the fallout from my aging scalp makes up for it!

btw: Cats don't have 'owners'. They have 'staff'.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."