Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback appreciated

Re: Feedback appreciated

I really appreciate all of your input. JSYK, I did not intend to leave the titles of the prints as numbers-I'm working on titles. The tags on the left of the galleries (glasses, etc...) were designed so that after I attached various tag words to the photos (clouds, trees, abstract, etc...,) a viewer/ purchaser would be able to click on one, and pull up all pictures, associated with that tag word. The issue is I haven't yet attached tag words to all of the photos. Do you think using tag words is a bad idea, conceptually?

Also, I don't like the title of the site, either. "Art of Photography" sounds pretentious, and that's not me. I'll think of an alternative.

Thanks to all of your help.

Adam

I don't like the pricing under each photograph
    I don't like the more info less info 1533 whatever on the photograph
    I don't the titles of the photos being just a #7483
    I don't like the you can order/view larger/go back to gallery
    I don't like the read about adam thing unless its written by someone besides yourself and even then
    I don't like the gallery categories on the right with whatever categories on the left especially when the ones on left appear to take you into a specialized section of that category it sits next to when it doesn't
    I don't like not being able to open in new tab
    I don't like the checkout tab

yeah, screw tags

just on quick browsing - When I clicked one of your images in the gallery and it appeared I was looking for the next button - to keep browsing through - didn't see it.

- my personal preference when viewing photography sites is easy navigation to get to the next or previous photo, and also an easy way to jump back to the thumbnails in the gallery. The easier it is to "flow" through the website, the longer I may stay and browse. If I have to keep clicking back I'm likely to leave.

You hit my sensitive "art" nerve. It's my belief that if a photographer has to tell the people looking at his or her web site that they're looking at "art," they probably aren't.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.