Thread: Development time for ADOX 25

Development time for ADOX 25

Looked on the internet and this forun for my answer. I am going to develop ADOX chs 25, 4x5 sheet film in a JOBO drum roller using d-76 1+1 and cannot find a development time. Just by guessing I am thinking 5 minutes but do want to screw up what I have shot, any help on that?

Did I also read ADOX wants you to rinse the film before development?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Re: Development time for ADOX 25

I develop Adox/EFKE 25 for the same times as Delta 400 & 100 etc and shoot it at 50 EI. So on that basis 5 minutes is likely to be way to short even in a rotary processor, I'd start with10 or 11 minutes at 20°C.

I've used the Adox/EFKE 25 film in all formats since the early 1970's and never use a pre-soak/rinse it's not necessary at all.

Ian

You may want to check out http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php a massive database of films and times. I do not use drum development and the effect on time this might have. You may want to shoot test sheets and develop first and make adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ludwig View Post
    You may want to check out http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php a massive database of films and times. I do not use drum development and the effect on time this might have. You may want to shoot test sheets and develop first and make adjustments.
    Unfortunately it's rather inaccurate as a resource and times are wildly different as there's no standardisation with regards to methods of processing, types of agitation and temperature used.

Ian

I agree with you Ian, some of the times conflict with manufacturers. May have been a bad suggestion for this thread.

google efke 25 instead. it's been sold that way through freestyle and elsewhere a for longer period of time.

It's been sold as EFKE since Dupont sold the old ADOX coating plant to EFKE and it was moved to Croatia in the late 60's/early 70's, and Dupont licensed the use of the formulae to them as well. Incidentally it's only 25 EI in Tungsten light it's more like 40/50 EI in daylight and shouldn't be over-exposed.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Baker View Post
    Did I also read ADOX wants you to rinse the film before development?
    I would presoak any film. I do it for 5 mins... in the Jobo. The answer to your question is not to post here, not to look at digitaltruth, but to point your camera out the window and take a photo. Then develop it, for anywhere from about 4-7 minutes.

Is it overdeveloped? Then you need less. In the time that you spent looking on the internet, including here, waiting for responses, etc., you could have gotten a better answer, just by developing a sheet or two.

Besides, everyone's needs for negative density are different based upon what they are using to print, what kind of style they like, etc.

Have fun!

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Developed my ADOX 25 for 5 minutes and they turned out just fine, even without a pre rinse.

Thanks for all the feedback.