Thread: Schneider linhof lens valuation

Schneider linhof lens valuation

Hi there, I am hoping to draw upon the knowledgable folk here in order to come to a reasonable valuation of a schneider lens that I'm looking to sell on to a friend. The lens is a linhof select schneider 150mm/5.6 265mm symmar convertible lens and the serial number places it at about 1960 - whilst this is a pretty common lens as seen on many super technika's, I'm finding it hard to find any history of recent sales to give a ballpark figure. Please assume that the condition of the lens is excellent - clean and clear, functioning well.

Many thanks for any help, it's much appreciated

Re: Schneider linhof lens valuation

With no dents to the rim and perfect glass $160 to $200. I am sure under completed sales on ebay you can find dozens of them.

Thanks Kevin for the quick response - I had a look on ebay at completed beforehand but couldn't actually see that many surprisingly.

Thanks again

There's a seller here asking $325 shipped for a sinar selected one but it hasnt sold yet.

I have the same lens with the black Linhoff shutter that I got on Ebay about 2 years ago for about $130. However, I think that these days, the prices seem to have gone up a little and the amount Kevin indicated ($160 - $200) seems like the normal price on Ebay now.

As I pointed out on another Forum there's a very similar lens being sold in the US with a Buy it Now price just under $170 (£111), and a good trustworthy seller (from experience).

It's not worth any more simply because newer & better lenses are available at similar or only slightly higher prices.

Ian

Small town, South Carolina, US

I purchased a Sinar select one recently for $275 off e-bay and was very pleased.
    I specifically was interested in the out of focus rendition and the effect of the ten or so blade Compur shutter on the rendition. (I have a good selection of more modern lenses btw.)

Have also heard that these will cover 5X7 nicely stopped down but haven't checked that yet.
    Last edited by rfesk; 4-Apr-2010 at 05:19. Reason: clarity

I don't think Schneider officially specified the 150 a 5x7 lens until the APO series. But Schneider is very conservative.

The 150 G Claron works very well for 5X7 and is smaller and lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Crisp View Post
    I don't think Schneider officially specified the 150 a 5x7 lens until the APO series. But Schneider is very conservative.

The 150 G Claron works very well for 5X7 and is smaller and lighter.
    Schneider actually recommended the lens for 9x12cm, a touch smaller than 5x4 but this was purely because 5x4 was not a Continental European size at that time, rather a UK/US format.

Ian