Thread: Omega part needed

Omega part needed

I've got a new, to me, Super Chromega dichro II color head on a D5-xl chassis.
    I took the head off to clean the dust etc. and looking inside I can see that the cyan filter is broken. So far everything else looks good. Just a little dust.

Anyone know where can I get a replacement dichoric cyan filter?

d.s.

What grain???????? largeformat apt's Avatar

Re: Omega part needed

D.s.,
    There is a crowd who may be able to help you.
    These guys deal in omega
    Pat
    http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/

The cyan filter is rarely needed when printing color negatives, and never (that I know of) in b/w. So don't wait for the cyan filter to get started. Harry Taylor at classic-enlargers may also be able to help, and Omega itself is still in business (Satter-Omega I believe).

I agree with Mark, the cyan filter is never needed in B&W and rarely in color.

I suspect it will be expensive to replace, maybe more than the head cost you. I'd get one from a junk head or better yet, just get a cheap 30cc or 60cc Rosco cyan filter and cut it to fit in the filter holder area under the mixing box. Then if you ever need cyan in color printing, put in that fixed filter and you can still zero in on your filtration with the yellow and/or magenta dichroic filters.

Also, when you write "BROKEN" what do you mean. If it is chipped on the leading edge, then you may be able to spin it around so the missing area is on the trailing edge or one of the sides, and it may still function for the rare occasion that you may need it.

Thanks for the info guys.
    The cyan filter has a chunk missing and from there it is cracked all the way cutting it in half. It's nice to know I don't need it, but since the other filters are dirty and I was going to disassemble the thing to clean them, I thought I might as well replace the broken one. These are held in by drops of glue on three edges on both sides of the filter. Not sure what kind of glue it is to stand that kind of heat.
    I plan to use this only for black and white. So far everything else seems fine.

d.s.

Quote Originally Posted by d.s. View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.
    The cyan filter has a chunk missing and from there it is cracked all the way cutting it in half. It's nice to know I don't need it, but since the other filters are dirty and I was going to disassemble the thing to clean them, I thought I might as well replace the broken one. These are held in by drops of glue on three edges on both sides of the filter. Not sure what kind of glue it is to stand that kind of heat.
    I plan to use this only for black and white. So far everything else seems fine.

d.s.

I used a drop of silicone glue to hold them in on the last one that I rebuilt.

Make sure the reflective surface faces the lamp.
    I forgot to double check this on the one I tuned up for a friend and still worry over it but he says he gets the full paper grades at the extremes so either I had it right or it really may not make any difference.

I wrote to KHB but I'm looking for the Magenta filter. If anyone has one, I would like to find what you are asking for it. Everything else in this puppy works fine and I want to sell it to a guy that was in class with me. Any info would be nice. Until then, I'm just waiting on KHB to reply to me.

Might want to try Omega as that color head is still in production.

http://www.omegasatter.com/contactus.php

Thanks for the link - I have written to them now.

B&H sells replacement Omega dichroic filters. They're around $40-60 each.

Cyan,
    Magenta,
    Yellow.