Thread: Greetings from Boston

Greetings from Boston

Hello all,

Just saying hello from Somerville, MA. I've photographed digitally and semi-professionally for about 6 years. Started with film and then the practicalities of wanting to compete in the marketplace brought me to digital.

Since then I decided to get out of the business (put my feet in the water and it was cold). I'm in nursing school now. Recently I've thought about how much I like film cameras and how frustrating digital printing can be. Scanning can be a pain too, I know. But I think the process is significantly different.

I recently bought an old Kodak no.33 5x7 that I'm restoring. Just got it back together tonight, bellows are covered in gaffers tape to the point that it won't close fully but it looks great otherwise and at some point I'll make a set of bellows for it. Looking forward to my first shots with it, have some film coming on the way and a 180mm lens I got off ebay that looks great.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, learned a lot from reading here.

If you are interested in my past work:
    www.paulmcevoy.net
    and
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

All the best
    Paul

Re: Greetings from Boston

Welcome to group therepy. You've got some nice stuff on your site. If the bellows is too much of a problem before you get to work on folding another, I've made temporary bag bellows quickly a few times to shoot until I got something better; they're pretty easy to make since its just a light-tight bag with only one seam down the length.

Cool Re: Greetings from Boston

Quote Originally Posted by sully75 View Post
    Hello all,

Just saying hello from Somerville, MA. I've photographed digitally and semi-professionally for about 6 years. Started with film and then the practicalities of wanting to compete in the marketplace brought me to digital.

Since then I decided to get out of the business (put my feet in the water and it was cold). I'm in nursing school now. Recently I've thought about how much I like film cameras and how frustrating digital printing can be. Scanning can be a pain too, I know. But I think the process is significantly different.

I recently bought an old Kodak no.33 5x7 that I'm restoring. Just got it back together tonight, bellows are covered in gaffers tape to the point that it won't close fully but it looks great otherwise and at some point I'll make a set of bellows for it. Looking forward to my first shots with it, have some film coming on the way and a 180mm lens I got off ebay that looks great.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, learned a lot from reading here.

If you are interested in my past work:
    www.paulmcevoy.net
    and
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

All the best
    Paul

Hi I m frm India and I like photogarphy, I am take and type of education of photogarphy I read all photogarphy related forums and learn more then more knowledge about the photogarphy. I love to join all photogarphy sites to join and communicate to all people. and I join all photogarphy famous social networking sites.
    Thanks.