Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chamonix Users Group

Chamonix Users Group

I was wondering if there are any experienced LF Chamonix owners out there that think it might be beneficial in forming a centralized Chamonix Users Group (any format size, from 4x5 to ULF), or section here on the site.

Kind of a centralized section that is centered around Chamonix cameras, discussions, accessories, problems, etc.

Of course there will be other topics of interest that are no Chamonix specific, but a one-stop place on the site where the noob and the experienced Chamonix owner can come would facilitate and optimize searching and consolidate information on topics of interest related to these cameras.

I suppose there would be those that disagree but it makes sense to me

Re: Chamonix Users Group

User group is a good idea, I can contribute some information that I have. I don't think having a section here is a good idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Songyun View Post
    User group is a good idea, I can contribute some information that I have. I don't think having a section here is a good idea though.

Songyun, but that's the whole idea. There must be hundreds of Chamonix owners that can contribute information, tips, lessons learned, etc. Why not consolidate it; make it easier to search, contribute, share ...

If not here then a separate forum?? Please explain. you can send me a PM if you rather not discuss openly.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Songyun, but that's the whole idea. There must be hundreds of Chamonix owners that can contribute information, tips, lessons learned, etc. Why not consolidate it; make it easier to search, contribute, share ...

If not here then a separate forum?? Please explain. you can send me a PM if you rather not discuss openly.
    If there is a sub section here for chamonix today, then tomorrow there will be sub section for let's say Schneider, Arca Swiss, ebony... that just doesn't sound right. I would say a google group/mail list, or something like that would be more apporiate.

Quote Originally Posted by Songyun View Post
    If there is a sub section here for chamonix today, then tomorrow there will be sub section for let's say Schneider, Arca Swiss, ebony... that just doesn't sound right. I would say a google group/mail list, or something like that would be more apporiate.
    I suppose you're right. A goggle or yahoo group might be a better venue. Speaking of google, I ran a google search and came up with a Facebook Chamonix Camera Users Group. I'm not exactly a fan of social networking sites such as facebook and Twitter even though I have an account with Facebook but something is better than nothing.

Send me a PM -- lets kick it around. I belong to two Yahoo Groups (Stellarvue, and Canon DSLR Astrophotography).

I'd be happy to join an outside group if you set one up. Posting here about Chamonix cameras is problematic due to the lack of moderation for persistent disruptive trolling.

Heck - I'm game. Give me a day or two. I'm more familiar with Yahoo Groups, but setup on Google should be similar.

Do you think others would be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Heck - I'm game. Give me a day or two. I'm more familiar with Yahoo Groups, but setup on Google should be similar.

Do you think others would be interested?
    I have just set up a google group.

http://groups.google.com/group/ChamonixCameras

Probably yes. I know there are a number of forum members that don't bother posting here anymore because of the trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
    ...I know there are a number of forum members that don't bother posting here anymore because of the trolling.
    Too bad. I suggest they not be bullied and we all make good use of the "Ignore List" capability. Shun the trolls!