Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chamonix Users Group

Re: Chamonix Users Group

Sorry but I think a Chamonix specific forum is as harebrained an idea as ever there was one! Once the focusing issue gets beaten to death again and again and the mutual appreciation society runs out of steam what will all '10' of you talk about then? Carbon fiber? Wood types? What then? Photography?

Think I'd chose some other hill to run up!

A happy Chamonix owner

Quote Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
    What then? Photography?

easy, easy, guys. I like the idea of a google group, basically it's like a mailing list. You don't have to spend as much time as here, not something that as part of your daily routine (like here) and feel really miserable when the server is down. Damn, I am addicted to this site now.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bowen View Post
    My, did we get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning???

If you search back a few years ago, one would have thought the LF forum had become the Chaminoix users group

I thought my post was very clear... I'm not trying to pick a fight.

Have a nice day....you troll!
    No I didn't but it sounds like you did.

Maybe you should try spelling the name of the camera correctly. I consider non-Chamonix camera owners who make derogatory remarks more indicative of possesing and exhibiting Troll-like behavior and habits, than those of us who don't own the camera but have expressed an interest in AND have actually ordered one.

I was neither attempting to pick a fight, I was asking a valid question as to your views against the formation of a users group. But if its a fight you want, then I suggest you troll somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by SW Rick View Post
    I didn't see the post in the way you do, and think it makes a good point about the wider "user" group available in something like this forum. There are going to be a lot fewer resources available in a Chamonix-specific group. Will there be a Sandy King, a Ken Lee, and many other fine LFPF members available there?.
    One never knows - does one. I wouldn't go as far as saying there would be fewer resources. That assumption is stretching it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SW Rick View Post
    The presence of a few very prolific trolls here, who have seized Chamonix-related topics and generated a lot of unnecessary heat, has turned me off to following a post here that is Chamonix-related. Even with the trolls' comments turned off, the responses and counter-responses to their posts turn the "conversation" into unpleasant territory. I thus see the Chamonix group as being a place where very Chamonix-specific posts could be discussed, but think the big tent of LFPF makes sense for most posts.
    My original suggestion was to have a sub-group on LFPF. It doesn't necessarily have to be called "Chamonix Users Group," it could just be Chamonix cameras. Many popular photography forums have sub-groups dedicated to a particular camera, or format, e.g. APUG, Photo.Net, getdpi.com, etc. John Bowen's insinuation that I was a "troll" was uncalled for and un-necessary especially in light of the fact that he admits to not being a Chamonix owner, nor can he even spell the name of the camera correctly -- so who's really the troll here? I may be a noob, but I try to remain a respectful noob until someone resorts to personal insults and attacks.