Thread: Hello to you all.

Robin B

Hello to you all.

I am a three month new member of this forum and new to Large Format photography. I got my first camera at about 12 years old and have been taking pictures, off and on, for the last 50+ years. My photography background is 35mm film, medium format film and 35mm(?) digital. I first learned about LF from Ken Rockwell's web site and became enamoured with the idea of making images with the detail that I saw there. About 5 months ago, I discovered this web site and, since then, this group has taught me much for which I am deeply indebted. This is my retirement project and I am anxious to get started!
    Thanks.
    Robert

Re: Hello to you all.

Welcome.

Welcome to group therepy...you're gonna need it! LF is alot of fun, but totally different from smaller formats. You're entering a very slow, deliberate world where "snapping off a quick roll of 20" just doesn't happen...even when you're using a roll film holder on your 4x5.

All I have to say is you in trouble now.

Welcome,
    Roger

Welcome!!! I found myself immersed in the LF world in much the same way as you. Hope you enjoy looking at the world upside-down!!

I most enjoy the way LF forces patience and pre-visualization and - though I'm more than a few decades away from retirement - I can't imagine a better way to spend my time than being a thousand miles from nowhere at first light looking through a field camera!

Kind regards from a proud native-Virginian! (though sadly transplanted to So. Cali)
    J

Robin B

My wife certainly says I am in trouble now! She says I have lost what little mind I had left.