Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wet plate collodion workshop. Shoot. Sell and Swap May 1-2, 2010

Wet plate collodion workshop. Shoot. Sell and Swap May 1-2, 2010

hey all,

Due to popular demand, requests, and the last successful gathering i have decided to organize another interesting LF photo day and play. not sure what to call it. so help me think of a catchy name or phrase.

i am working on getting a website up with all the info. but until then the preview is something like this. I will rent a hall with an outside area. (recreation center similar to a VFW or the like). plenty of parking. tables. pavilon. BBQ area. etc etc.

The main activities will be scheduled for Sat. May 1st. in Rosendale NY. We will begin at sunrise and go into the night. if it is a great turn out we may include activities for sunday as well. i plan to rent the Center for both days anyway.

Art Craft Chemicals
    will be on site. Black Art Wood Craft will have cameras and accessories available for your inspection. A few more interesting people will be announced.

The activities i am thinking about so far will include:

Wet Plate Photography workshop with Todd Harrington.
    Todd is well know and excellent WPC photographer and teacher. you will not want to miss this. Improve your existing skills or learn from the beginning. It will be a two day work shop. Two FULL days of WPC work and info. exact info to come shortly. All materials, cameras and manual will be included. It will be held at a private location so only Todd and the 4-5 students (5 max) will be together. it will not be at the rec. center so you will have a private workshop with no interruptions. A minimum of Three students is needed. a max of 5 students. Price is $495 per student for BOTH days. Sign up and pay before March 22 and pay only $450 (The $450 rate must be paid in full to get the discount and must be paid before March 22). A deposit is required to hold your spot at the regular price. Deposit will be $300. Payment in full is required by April 10. A Full refund is available until April 1st. more info to come in a few days.

I plan to have models to shoot as well.
    Possibly figure nudes. Nudes TBA. there will be additional costs associated with nudes (we have to pay the models)

BBQ and related food will be available.

A Sell and Swap of camera equipment will also happen
    . this is included to all that sign up. there will be tables available for you to place your "extra" gear for sale. a great way to buy, sell or trade your gear.

There are many very interesting sights nearby to shoot as well. i will organize trip ideas for those wanting to shoot the local areas.

There is a 50 acre wooded parcel across the street from the site that i have permission to use for camping. Local Hotels, motels and restaurants are close by. most in New Paltz and Kingston NY.

There will be a $50 per person. this is to offset the costs associated with the function. Please sign up early so i can judge how much food, drink , and how many models to bring. Extra fees apply to the figure model shoot. The Wet Plate Collodion workshop is NOT included. It is a fee all it self. The $50 is included in the Workshop fee.

Who is interested? post here or send me an e mail.

More info as it unfolds. this is just the advanced notice.

Thanks

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Re: Wet plate collodion workshop. Shoot. Sell and Swap May 1-2, 2010

sounds very good, I will be there.

i will be there. the concept of a tailgate/swap meet intrigues me. just make sure you stock the bar with everclear. this way, prospective purchasers won't be able to see the cleaning marks on my lenses.

I am making plans to make this one...
    Jaime Bermúdez-i-Esteban

okay. i am sorry to say that for numerous reasons i will not be able to organize this function as i had intended.

the venue has moved (back to my place). NO workshop will be offered.

i plan to have a gathering. all are welcome. it will be similar to the "jan 23rd" event.

it is Wet Plate Collodion day that weekend. it is Archer's memorial. so all wet plate shooters should come and have a group effort.

All LF shooters should come. i will try and have models. All are welcome. food and beverage will be available.

thanks

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Sounds like fun. Count me in.
    Arthur

LF nub

Damn I wish I lived in NY so I could go to this, and although I don't even really know how to use my 4x5 yet, this photography process has been on my "must learn" list for quite a while now...

Jealous

dam is right we need to do this in calif

The only way to do this anywhere else is to hire EDDIE, it's his energy/personality that makes it the "scene" it becomes.....

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    okay. i am sorry to say that for numerous reasons i will not be able to organize this function as i had intended...
    Can you keep us updated on what will occur at the event as it shapes up Eddie? Will Mike and Steve still be showing? Is the sell/swap still on? Will there be tuneage? Revelry? Fire? Wabbits?

I've been thinking of driving the Magic Bus over and bringing along a bellowless 8x20 Korona & holders to sell along with a couple lenses to pay for gas for the trip. Might also be time to let loose of that 20" Vitax. I'll also bring that 5x7 Seroco Petzval and maybe a Rembrandt portrait lens and darktent to unload.

I might be after a Dallmeyer 2C if one shows up.

Joe