Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobo Expert 3010

Re: Jobo Expert 3010

I noticed in Michael's Gorden video the motor base rotates in one direction and he flips the tank every 30 sec. My Uniroller does not have continuous rotation and it goes back and forth. I placed the Jobo 3010 and observed the rotation happens just right at a full rotation of the tank. Will this be a problem? Do I need to flip it since the motor base is doing it for me?
    Thanks,
    p

Your method sounds fine. I used one on a beseler base before I got the jobo machine and had no issues as long as the drum rotated in both directions a bit for each step of processing. The drum doesn't need to rotate in two directions to process the film evenly but in my experience it helps to get liquid to the base side of the film.

Jesus Jim! I will never look at a Jobo drum in the same way again!...am I safe with a Combi Plan?? who knows

Hijack:
    My Uniroller stopped reversing. Is there a cheap way to fix it? For a complete klutz? Or should I buy another one?
    Meanwhile, my Beseler is non-reversing and I haven't seen any problems with the negatives. I do use 600ml to 800ml of Xtol. Lots of sloshing going on.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Venchka,

Open up your Uniroller and look inside. IIRC there is a piece inside that has a plastic "flap" that flips a switch to reverse the motor. I was able to repair mine when I first got it as it didn't reverse back then. Haven't had any problems since.

d.s.

Thanks. Now that I have a dSLR, I may be back with photos for help.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Rolfe View Post
    Jesus Jim! I will never look at a Jobo drum in the same way again!...am I safe with a Combi Plan?? who knows
    Here's the link to the previous discussion on this forum about the eye injury and several good suggestions for avoiding the problem: Link

Whoa. Glad you are OK, I always have placed my hand over the lid in such a way the lid is deflected somewhat back to its pre installed location on the drum.

Yikes:
    I can't image bleeding out of my eyes or even one

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    Here's the link to the previous discussion on this forum about the eye injury and several good suggestions for avoiding the problem: Link

Beverly Hills, California

DO NOT use the air pump or any other internal air pressure to to get the cap off! The pressure has been known to bust/crack the thin inner walls. These drums sell for $500 each now.

I use a much safer method: Holding the drum firmly with both hands I pull the drum downward across a sharp on a ledge so as to catch the lip of the lid on the well defined ledge of the top of my shower stall, in order to avoid chipping, I drape a T shirt over the ledge - this provides cushioning to avoid metal on plastic. I slowly rotate the drum, and repeat. It takes about 15 to 25 of these raps to pull the lid off.

I tried putting a thin film of vaseline on the inside lip of the lid, and this does work, but I don't really like the possibility of vaseline on my emulsion.

I have a Jobo foot pump I never use, I can send it to your for the price of shipping (US only) if you would like to take a chance on busting your expensive expert drum.

Beverly Hills, California

DO NOT use the air pump or any other internal air pressure to to get the cap off! The pressure has been known to bust/crack the thin inner walls. These drums sell for $500 each now.

I use a much safer method: Holding the drum firmly with both hands I pull the drum downward across a sharp on a ledge so as to catch the lip of the lid on the well defined ledge of the top of my shower stall, in order to avoid chipping, I drape a T shirt over the ledge - this provides cushioning to avoid metal on plastic. I slowly rotate the drum, and repeat. It takes about 15 to 25 of these raps to pull the lid to the point were you can easily pull it off by hand. You will easily feel when you have gotten to this point.

I tried putting a thin film of vaseline on the inside lip of the lid, and this does work, but I don't really like the possibility of vaseline on my emulsion.

I have a Jobo foot pump I never use, I can send it to your for the price of shipping (US only) if you would like to take a chance on busting your expensive expert drum. But then again, I really don't want that bad karma on my hands.