Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Re: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Yes, that is what it looks like. Otherwise there would be at least a trace of black somewhere probably.

Guess I'm officially not shooting enough then.
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

Quote Originally Posted by JeRuFo View Post
    Yes, that is what it looks like. Otherwise there would be at least a trace of black somewhere probably.

Guess I'm officially not shooting enough then.

Since we are talking about Rodinal you either Stored it wrong or used fixer first accidenty. Rodinal should be usable even after years as long the stock solution is stored right and the mixed dev is used fast after mixing.

Yes, that's what I always thought too. I do always see a bit of a drop in strength between a newly opened bottle and one that is open for a few months, but this is really strange.
    It's almost impossible for me to mix up the developer and the fixer, since I develop in a daylight tank. The fixer is from a bottle, the developer from a measuring cup. And it was semi-stand developed too, so there has to be at least something, even if the contrast isn't perfect.
    Photography was a COVID casualty for me. Just have to do a hard reset with new materials and pick it up again.
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

This was a double negative that I realized right after I took the shot. I was initially pissed at myself since I was winding down on my available film for this trip. I actually kind of like this one. At first glance the snow capped Grand Tetons look in place behind the rock formations in the Arches National Park. The rainbow was a pleasant surprise at the Arches.

I was able to catch the rainbow with my backup cameras. A 6x6 and iPhone lol, so no tears shed.
    -Mikey

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6347EF9B-8E6C-4983-9131-7215238C9761.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	228944

This one is a double mistake. First, I used the 2-stop ND filter on my Imagon when I probably would have been better off without it, so it's about 2 stops under-exposed. Then, I didn't know that Adox Rodinal has a 24 month shelf life according to Adox (unlike Agfa Rodinal which apparently lasted for decades), and I did get 5 good years of use out of my bottle. Unfortunately, I bought it 6 years ago, so I lost at least another stop. Rather than do a lot of testing with my remaining Adox Rodinal, I dumped it. Sheet film is too expensive these days.

My wife says it looks "mysterious." I just see a super thin negative barely salvaged by my scanner:

05-16-2023-04 by Drew Saunders, on Flickr
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/

Frame it

Hang it

Look at for a year

Quote Originally Posted by drew.saunders View Post
    This one is a double mistake. First, I used the 2-stop ND filter on my Imagon when I probably would have been better off without it, so it's about 2 stops under-exposed. Then, I didn't know that Adox Rodinal has a 24 month shelf life according to Adox (unlike Agfa Rodinal which apparently lasted for decades), and I did get 5 good years of use out of my bottle. Unfortunately, I bought it 6 years ago, so I lost at least another stop. Rather than do a lot of testing with my remaining Adox Rodinal, I dumped it. Sheet film is too expensive these days.

My wife says it looks "mysterious." I just see a super thin negative barely salvaged by my scanner:

05-16-2023-04 by Drew Saunders, on Flickr
    Tin Can

From a recently-completed HABS project in Michigan, file this one under the "missing the elephant in the room" label. How on earth did I not notice my camera gear bags in the foreground? I really have no idea, other than that it was near the end of a long and hot day last summer. Still--years experience does not protect one against the occasional numbskull moment, it seems. So, after a decade or two when NPS gets caught up on scanning HABS/HAER negatives, one of my film holder bags and my digital camera bag will be recorded for posterity in the Library of Congress.

Bruce

Name:	23 2022-7-21-67 AMC Bldg factory N facade looking SE.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	239658
    4x5, 90mm Fujinon, Ilford FP4

"It's in there for scale. Yeah, that's the ticket."
    < spoken in best Jon Lovitz' SNL voice>

Somewhere, I have a landscape photo with my tripod in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugan View Post
    "It's in there for scale. Yeah, that's the ticket."
    < spoken in best Jon Lovitz' SNL voice>

Somewhere, I have a landscape photo with my tripod in it.
    Used it for scale--I like it! I think that I will use that, thanks!

Pushed the swings and tilt too much, to pul all the image into focus. I still like the image, the river out from Toughahannock Falls.
    Linhof IV 90 f8 Super Angulon

Name:	toughahannock.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	239683