Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Re: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

I like some of the double exposures - the father and daughter guitar duo is charming.

Padua (PD) Italy - Portrait during a workshop for the Padova Photography Festival.

- Camera: TOYO-FIELD 45 AII L (Linhof)
    - Lens: PETZVAL type brass lens 200 1:9
    - Exposure: 4 second at f 9
    - Film: HARMAN FB Direct Positive Paper - 3 ASA - size 4x5"
    - Developer: ILFORD PQ UNIVERSAL 1+15 - 4 minutes at 20° C
    - Stop: ILFORD ILFO STOP
    - Fixer: ILFORD RAPID FIXER
    - Lightmeter: Gossen Lunasix 3 reading the incident light.
    - Lightning: 3 Continuous Light.

- Scanner: EPSON V700 and EPSON Scan 3.81
    - Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4

On the ground glass the road sign was a bright, clear yellow with black lettering. I knew the orthochromatic film would knock the yellow back somewhat, but I had no idea it would completely wipe it out. Whoops.

Jonathan

A few weeks ago, I bought that nice Zone VI camera to get back into LF. It came with a few holders that were loaded with Kodak Plus-X. Seems they had not been used for a long time. Dark slide was turned on the "unexposed" side so I used the film for a few test shots. Turned out that some sheets had been previously exposed. The statue is my shot, it's surrounded by leaves so whatever else is on the picture isn't mine. I think the 2 shots blend quite interestingly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fail mix deux photos.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	112527

Cool and good for you. I have bought so many loaded holders, I just pull the film and toss it. I guess I'm jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Myxine View Post
    A few weeks ago, I bought that nice Zone VI camera to get back into LF. It came with a few holders that were loaded with Kodak Plus-X. Seems they had not been used for a long time. Dark slide was turned on the "unexposed" side so I used the film for a few test shots. Turned out that some sheets had been previously exposed. The statue is my shot, it's surrounded by leaves so whatever else is on the picture isn't mine. I think the 2 shots blend quite interestingly.

Name:	Fail mix deux photos.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	112527

(Shrek)

I have no idea how I f-ed this up. Agfa green X-ray (verso stripped), green filter, Fujinon-W 210/5.6. Raw scan, re-sized and converted to jpg only.

Name:	scan0198.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	112531

I had this shot set up and was playing around with front tilt to bring the line from the top of the wall through the top of the dome in focus when I was interrupted by a security guard who told me I was photographing in a designated "sensitive area" and that he had to alert the Coast Guard of any "suspicious activity," which he promptly got on his radio to do. He even said something vague about "Homeland Security getting involved" as a scare tactic. I did not give him my ID or my name so he proceeded to photograph me and my car. (Oh, the irony.) I really wanted the photo so I quickly made the exposure while the guard was back at his vehicle taking notes, but A) I had not achieved the correct focus yet and B) I underexposed it by two stops by misreading the meter in my haste. I was partly curious to see if the Coast Guard would really show up because of a guy with an old wooden camera, but I drove off before I got a chance to find out.

I was able to rescue the exposure somewhat with extra development, but missed focus is missed focus. (The top of the dome is significantly blurry when viewed large.)

Century Universal w/5x7 back, Kodak 12" f/4.5 Ektar, Kodak Low Contrast Aerial Duplicating Film (SO-277).

Jonathan

All spies use giant cameras, and I bet he called nobody.

Stand your ground.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    I had this shot set up and was playing around with front tilt to bring the line from the top of the wall through the top of the dome in focus when I was interrupted by a security guard who told me I was photographing in a designated "sensitive area" and that he had to alert the Coast Guard of any "suspicious activity," which he promptly got on his radio to do. He even said something vague about "Homeland Security getting involved" as a scare tactic. I did not give him my ID or my name so he proceeded to photograph me and my car. (Oh, the irony.) I really wanted the photo so I quickly made the exposure while the guard was back at his vehicle taking notes, but A) I had not achieved the correct focus yet and B) I underexposed it by two stops by misreading the meter in my haste. I was partly curious to see if the Coast Guard would really show up because of a guy with an old wooden camera, but I drove off before I got a chance to find out.

I was able to rescue the exposure somewhat with extra development, but missed focus is missed focus. (The top of the dome is significantly blurry when viewed large.)

Century Universal w/5x7 back, Kodak 12" f/4.5 Ektar, Kodak Low Contrast Aerial Duplicating Film (SO-277).

Jonathan

Jonathan
    Were there signs posted that said "No Photography"? Here in DC there was an increased sensitivity to people photographing federal facilities, and some photographers got hasseled. When it was challenged, the cops/guards who hasseled the photographers lost out for being "overly aggressive" in public spaces. The main exception was for areas officially designated as sensitive in nature, and those would have signs posted.

Jonathan
    I would have been like, excuse me sir, I'm busy taking a photograph.

He wasn't a cop or anything lol sorry you got rushed...

I've never had any issues except in NYC taking pictures in Times Square... Like who doesn't do that? And in some train stations.

Dumb...