Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

(Shrek)

Re: Images of mistakes - good or bad..

Quote Originally Posted by David Michael Bigeleisen View Post
    Dear rpa,

I was very interested to see your photo of the lantern. We used to use the cooking pot to the right when my brothers and I were Swiss boy scouts. We called it a gamella. I haven't seen one outside of my own home for more than fifty years. Are the Swiss still using them? The image brings back fond memories.

David
    I bought a very similar, but round, set in Montreal circa 1983-4. Standard camping gear at the time?

Here's a pretty obvious mistake...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Panorama6.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	107812

Experimenting with putting a kodak folder lens from the 1910's on my 4x5, earlier images were fine but I tried stopping down to (what I BELIVE to be f/32 but haven't had anyone confirm I'm correct) stop "#4" and had some vignetting in the corners.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389015975.386813.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	107828

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13759696@N02/11864200225/

I'm not thrilled with the image. The verito's fat depth of field did not provide the separation I wanted for the background, but did capture the essence of the disguised boat shape decently. In Brooksville Maine, 2014/1/1. I should have gone for the triplet which would have rendered gently but would have completely blurred the background. But it was below 0f, daylight gone, and blowing about 30mph. I was only good for one photo. Soft focus has inherently more depth of field than normal lenses, despite being used closer to wide open.

I was doing a comparison test between Provia100f and Portra400 for color and detail.

Must have miscalculated the stop difference between the two, and under exposed the transparency, this had the effect of subduing the colors, but ended up a happy accident as the subdued image is really quite beautiful, and the color negative came out spot on and full of color too.

I may have actually forgotten to adjust the aperture when switching from the Portra to the Provia and maybe that's what happened?

Provia100f - 150mm about 1:1 - f/? @ 1/60 "Mistake"

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389683635.698425.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	108255

Portra400 - 150mm about 1:1 - f/11 @ 1/60 "Correct"

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389683623.085431.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	108254

On a camping trip with my buddy Jim, at Wildhorse Canyon, after a day of bushwacking following deer trails, we decided to head out to look for the wild horses we expected to find in the area. It was getting late and figuring that it would be hard to take action shots with a 4x5 on tripod, I decided to rig a trap and set the camera up to catch any horses that might head towards the only spring.

When I returned to the camera, I found the shutter had been tripped, so with great excitement I went home and developed the film. To memorialize the story, I made a print of my wild horse...

Wildhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    On a camping trip with my buddy Jim, at Wildhorse Canyon, after a day of bushwacking following deer trails, we decided to head out to look for the wild horses we expected to find in the area. It was getting late and figuring that it would be hard to take action shots with a 4x5 on tripod, I decided to rig a trap and set the camera up to catch any horses that might head towards the only spring.

When I returned to the camera, I found the shutter had been tripped, so with great excitement I went home and developed the film. To memorialize the story, I made a print of my wild horse...

Wildhorse
    Haha! Nice!

I hope that wasn't you driving back to your camera

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post

Wildhorse
    lol! okay, now that is a great story!

some development issue...Rodinal 1+80 stand for an hour

Name:	zucca.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	109374
    www.christo.stankulov.com