Thread: measures for darkcloth

measures for darkcloth

anyone using a Quietworks 8x10 Blackjacket could help me giving the measures and some pictures of it? I'd like one, but it is way too expensive due to international shipping and customs duties, so I am forced to sew one...

thanks
    andre

Re: measures for darkcloth

Any suggestion guys?

I have a Blackjacket 8x10. Although expensive, it is a fine piece of equipment. The measurements depend on your camera. Measure around the perimeter of the rear of your camera, make it a bit larger, and sew in a draw cord. I don't know how to measure the sleeves because the contraption is rather amorphous but you can get the idea from watching the videos on their website. The sleeves are large and designed to drape over your arms loosely for easy entry and exit. The "bottom" of the Blackjacket has a longitudinal velcro slit so that you can leave it open or close it tightly. The length depends on how long you want it to drape over your shoulders.

Unless you are excellent with a sewing machine and have a lot of time, I would save up to buy one and spend time in the darkroom. I prefer it to the BTZS cloth and a regular horse blanket type focusing cloth. It is bulky but I use it to wrap my camera and provide some padding/protection in the backpack.

Check out this post from today for some ideas!

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=58250

thanks Jerold.
    I am still looking for measures.