Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LF Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research update

Re: LF Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research update

So far this has been a great get together, fine photographers, great friends. I'm so happy I went this year.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by gene LaFord View Post
    That's a pretty good synopsis Monty. No one gets a gift for walking in the door. The ticket buyers pay $175.00 to walk through the door. The three prints that the artists donate are their admission to the event. And if you just want to view the prints and watch the proceedings it will cost you $25.00 to walk through the door.
    All in all, it is a very worthy event as cnacer has touched almost all of our lives, either by a family member or a very close and dear friend.
    Greg, I hope you find it in your heart to participate.

gene (member of NELFPC)
    How does this work once you are in the door? Is there bidding on the prints, or do you draw a number that corresponds to a specific print, or do you draw a number and then get to select a print?

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Sandy... each ticket holder is assigned a number and all numbers are put in a big bowl. All photos are given a different set of numbers. Numbers corresponding to ticket holders are drawn from the bowl and that ticket holder gets to choose whatever photo he/she wants. If your number is called early, the bigger choice of photos one has. Where as the later your number is chosen the less choices one has.
    Your prints were gorgeous and were chosen quite early. And thank you very much for participating.

gene

Beginning with Thursday evening with the LF exhibition to benefit the Middlesex Cancer Center to the final shooting day @ Hartford City Hall and then onto the airport to drop off many of the LF's who made the trip, inspiration, terrific fellowship and awesome photography came in buckets.

Will try and get some pix uploaded somewhere soon.

Physically, I am near exhaustion, mentally, I cannot wait for tomorrow's dawn.

Thanks to all who made it reality!

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Congratulations to all those that participated in putting on this wonderful event and a special thanks to Steve and his lovely wife Vicki for their warm hospitality and for making us all feel so much at home. So many fine people and so much fine work that don't know where to begin. I can't thank you all enough for having me over for the fun and I look forward to participating again in the future. It is very heartening to travel around to these gatherings and be reminded that there are so many talented people out there doing what it is we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Congratulations to all those that participated in putting on this wonderful event and a special thanks to Steve and his lovely wife Vicki for their warm hospitality and for making us all feel so much at home. So many fine people and so much fine work that don't know where to begin. I can't thank you all enough for having me over for the fun and I look forward to participating again in the future. It is very heartening to travel around to these gatherings and be reminded that there are so many talented people out there doing what it is we all do.
    Thank you for the fabulous wet plate workshop. I thought that alone was worth the trip. More than 20 tintypes in one afternoon.

awesome event! thanks to everyone. it was great meeting new folks and catching up with old friends. all the events i participated in were perfect. i learned so much.

the shoot on sunday was excellent. that old building was a pleasure to have such unlimited access in. i managed to process my sheets last night before sleep grabbed me and pulled me in.

i will post them this afternoon.....my boss wants me back at work for some strange reason....

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

"Serious Silliness"

screw work! important scanning needs to be done.

i will print these this week using some printing techniques i learned from bob carnie this past weekend. but in the name of fun here are some quick scans. 4x5 neg.

the 1st if for papa gene. "serious silliness"

from the apug gallery post:

this is from the steve sherman gathering on this past weekend. we ended a great weekend at the hartford city hall.

i walked around for 1/2 hour or so "scouting" the place out. there were like 18 other LF photogs there all setting up to shoot some classic scenes.....ten an urge hit me and i found myself here.....so i figured this would be one of the few if not only place others would not be shooting. not what the hartford city hall people would be thinking i am sure.

anyway a quick scan to start off the serous silliness. i will make a DR print this week.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Great, great weekend for all. The big challenge now is how do we outdo this next year? We're tossing ideas around already.
    Tim

To the Sherman's, Curtis's and all the dedicated members who really made us all feel welcome , I can't thank you enough for your warm , generous hospitality.
    To Mr Palettie, you got me again, but I did find a soul mate with Mr Gitting's.

Wonderful prints were shown at the opening and Monty and Sandy's prints went very quickly, both gentlemen provided wicked prints and even though they were not able to attend, their donation's were noticed as well as the others who could not attend but sent prints anyway.
    Bill , was like always , dynamic and worked late into Sat evening and really gave his all as usual and everyone really loved the wet plates.

I had lots of fun almost like a vacation from my day to day printing and plan to be in Rocky Hill next year for this wonderful weekend.