Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LF Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research update

Re: LF Exhibition to benefit Cancer Research update

So by my reading this it like giving the guests a door prize for showing up?

Or does the work come back to the artist after the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Saulius View Post
    I believe it's $175

100 tickets at $175= $17,500 donated.

Zebra

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    So by my reading this it like giving the guests a door prize for showing up?

Or does the work come back to the artist after the show?

No the work does not come back to the artist after the show. Every artist gives three prints. For giving those three prints you get a ticket. 50 artists=50 tickets. 50 artists times three prints=150 prints. 100 tickets sold for 175. Each ticket gets a print. Your number is drawn, you get the print of your choice from those that are left at the time of your choosing whether you are an artist or a purchaser of a ticket.

Steve I'm sure can clear up any inaccuracies in what I just typed but that is my understanding of how it has worked in the past. It has been a wonderful thing to be a part of over the last several years.

Monty

That's a pretty good synopsis Monty. No one gets a gift for walking in the door. The ticket buyers pay $175.00 to walk through the door. The three prints that the artists donate are their admission to the event. And if you just want to view the prints and watch the proceedings it will cost you $25.00 to walk through the door.
    All in all, it is a very worthy event as cnacer has touched almost all of our lives, either by a family member or a very close and dear friend.
    Greg, I hope you find it in your heart to participate.

gene (member of NELFPC)

It is a good, description. For the record my father passed away in 1999 as a result of having Diabetes for 36 years and then Cancer for ten years. Eventually the Cancer that started in his jaw moved to his lungs. I managed to be the one left staying with him at his home the night prior to him dying, as my Mother was in the hospital having back surgery. The main reason for my question was that, I have advertised my photography for some time in local media and I get quite a few charities asking me to contribute in various ways. With regard to this show, its doubtful I would phyically attend due to the logistics of me living near Blatimore and needing time off to attend.

Anyway I appreciate your answers and wish you all well!

Quote Originally Posted by gene LaFord View Post
    That's a pretty good synopsis Monty. No one gets a gift for walking in the door. The ticket buyers pay $175.00 to walk through the door. The three prints that the artists donate are their admission to the event. And if you just want to view the prints and watch the proceedings it will cost you $25.00 to walk through the door.
    All in all, it is a very worthy event as cnacer has touched almost all of our lives, either by a family member or a very close and dear friend.
    Greg, I hope you find it in your heart to participate.

gene (member of NELFPC)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    It is a good, description. For the record my father passed away in 1999 as a result of having Diabetes for 36 years and then Cancer for ten years. Eventually the Cancer that started in his jaw moved to his lungs. I managed to be the one left staying with him at his home the night prior to him dying, as my Mother was in the hospital having back surgery. The main reason for my question was that, I have advertised my photography for some time in local media and I get quite a few charities asking me to contribute in various ways. With regard to this show, its doubtful I would phyically attend due to the logistics of me living near Blatimore and needing time off to attend.

Anyway I appreciate your answers and wish you all well!
    Hello Greg,

Sounds like this project might be the perfect vehicle for your work. Many of the participating LF photogs are not able to attend, this year several from Canada and one from Japan.

As a side note, about half of those who donate their work instruct us to give their ticket back to the Cancer Center to generate still more $$ for research. There is still time to participate, send me a PM if you are so inclined, either way, thanks for your interest.

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

One week away, and we are at Steve's wonderful gathering.
    Really looking forward to this event, We are able to attend the gala night this year ,and hoping for lots of good energy. I just got my blue jean tuxedo jacket out of storage and shined up my best pair of mucklucks, I should be dashing.
    Any one attending please try to keep all this hush hush so Monty M dosen't hear about it , show up and spoil everything for us all.

Zebra

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    One week away, and we are at Steve's wonderful gathering.
    Really looking forward to this event, We are able to attend the gala night this year ,and hoping for lots of good energy. I just got my blue jean tuxedo jacket out of storage and shined up my best pair of mucklucks, I should be dashing.
    Any one attending please try to keep all this hush hush so Monty M dosen't hear about it , show up and spoil everything for us all.

Well alas my need to earn a living has kept me away from the opening tonight but I would assume now that the event is several hours old that Carnie's participaiton has neccessitated the need for the following; An ambulance, law enforcement and the Animal Services to muzzle his beast's. Of course I'm guessing but that's how things usually go when Carnie (who oddly enough is perfectly named) attends Classy events!

I do wish I was there tonight though and feel the lack at not getting to see so many wonderful people (you too Carnie ) in one spot, doing something so generous. I hope it went fantastic!!

all my best

monty

Let me say that although i participated, I cannot be held responsible for any of the flurry of alcohol induced calls that just originated from Steve's fine dining room.

Blame it on Paul Paletti

Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Let me say that although i participated, I cannot be held responsible for any of the flurry of alcohol induced calls that just originated from Steve's fine dining room.

Blame it on Paul Paletti
    yes! there is some one missing and that is YOU! This has been a terriffic evening that only being in the room could describe.

A weekend of untold euphoria will follow!!!!
    Unbridled hedonistic revelry has already exploded :-)

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Just when one might wonder "How could this year's ROG be any better than last year's?", last night proved that excellence is indeed alive and well. If you missed it, well I would put the exhibit up against most major gallery offerings. The event was well attended, monies were raised for MMH, and a wonderful time (which will continue throughout the weekend) was had by all. It is a privilege to be associated with such a fine(?) group of photographers, I'll be back next year and for as long as NELFPC continues this fine tradition.
    r.j. phil
    www.rjphil.com
    N.E. Large Format Photography Collective