Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation: Quality, cheap hardwood lens boards

Recommendation: Quality, cheap hardwood lens boards

I just got 3 boards made for my Anny Speed Graphic for $7 each and $3 shipping! They are a nice stained hardwood and drilled to match my lenses.

Ebay user mcmch made them. He (she?) usually has auctions posted for Wisner boards, but if you write him he can make whatever you need.

I won't post his email here but you can "Send a question to seller" for one of his auctions to make contact.

Re: Recommendation: Quality, cheap hardwood lens boards

Maybe you're legit, but it's odd to see a new user with no other posts shilling for an eBay merchant. I and some others have had bad experiences with the same seller. He took my money and delivered nothing. Then he threatened me when I tried to get him to deliver a product or a refund. He's changed his ebay name, which is often a good indicator of someone trying to hide past shady dealings. Sometimes he delivers as advertised, sometimes with shoddy crap, sometimes with nothing. As they say--caveat emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by awldune View Post
    I just got 3 boards made for my Anny Speed Graphic for $7 each and $3 shipping! They are a nice stained hardwood and drilled to match my lenses.

Ebay user mcmch made them. He (she?) usually has auctions posted for Wisner boards, but if you write him he can make whatever you need.

I won't post his email here but you can "Send a question to seller" for one of his auctions to make contact.
    Cheap and quality do not go together.

Inexpensive? Perhaps.
    A good buy? Maybe.
    Low cost? Possibly.
    But Cheap is never quailty!

And a properly made lens board is never "drilled" It is milled or bored. Drilling produces heat and pressure which can make the board warp a bit.

Perhaps your standards are a bit lower than mine, but the boards I saw which "mcmch" made were junk; you truly do get what you pay for...

awldune has 14 posts since the 13th of November. Click on his/her name and then "find more posts..." Haven't the slightest why they don't show up in the count. I agree that "quality", "hardwood", and "cheap" don't go together except possibly when someone's trying to get in the market, but I do appreciate the heads up on things people consider a good deal.

Cheers, Steve

It appears that posts in the "For Sale" area do not count.

This jerk took my money, failed to deliver and then responded with antagonistic profanity when I had the "nerve" to question when he was going to get around to shipping my boards which by the way he never did.

He/she is a first class dyed in the wool thief. I welcome a response on this.

Donald Miller

I have only posted in the For Sale forum previously, yeah.

Maybe the seller is flaky. I have only had one transaction with him but he was a pleasure to deal with and delivered my boards in a timely fashion.

The boards are not perfect but they are a big step up from homemade ones I made out of clipboard material. I feel that they are a good price for a custom handmade item.

As for "Quality," I probably should have said "Decent." But if you can afford "Quality" then you are probably getting factory boards or SK Grimes ones.

Terence

I made the mistake of getting several boards from him in my first order. I would have been better off starting from scratch compared to how much time I spent re-working them. Though the transaction itself went smoothly enough.

The material itself was actually pretty good, but the tolerances were not. For three boards for the same camera (A Deardorff), none of the dimensions were consistent between the three. If he improved the precision, it could be a pretty decent product.