Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1247

Thread: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

  1. #1231

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Washougal, Washington
    Posts
    529

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    . . Brunhilda. (Yep, that's my wife Judy).
    . . Brunhilda by Reinhold S., on Flickr. . 5x7 FP4 , 1935 Deardorff, 250 mm Wollaston Meniscus, Packard shutter, (developed by inspection)

    Reinhold

  2. #1232
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    Like!
    sin eater

  3. #1233

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    165

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    ROC Improved Plastigmat Zorki 4K by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

    Camera porn! Zorki 4K captured with a Rochester Improved Model 5 x 8 camera with 5 x 7 film in the plate holder, Plastigmat lens.

  4. #1234

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    613

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    Wet plate collodion negative (on glass), made with my sad old B&J Watson 5x7 and the Voigtlander Petzval. I used a home-made brass Waterhouse stop, which likely took the aperture from f3.2 to maybe f5.6 I'm guessing. In this case I used Quinn Jacobson's Collodion for Negatives, recipe.
    You can view a larger version of it here.


  5. #1235

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Paris EU
    Posts
    1,011

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    Full of aliveness !
    Nice "temperature"

    Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Wet plate collodion negative (on glass), made with my sad old B&J Watson 5x7 and the Voigtlander Petzval. I used a home-made brass Waterhouse stop, which likely took the aperture from f3.2 to maybe f5.6 I'm guessing. In this case I used Quinn Jacobson's Collodion for Negatives, recipe.
    You can view a larger version of it here.


  6. #1236

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    southwest,Virginia
    Posts
    173

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    Nice! I have a sad B&J Watson 5x7 too. They can still make nice pictures though.

  7. #1237

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    613

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tymon View Post
    Nice! I have a sad B&J Watson 5x7 too. They can still make nice pictures though.
    Thanks, Andrew!
    Yeah, my B&J Watson is in sad shape: corroded metal parts, the focus rail is loose and sloppy, and the bellows (which I expect are original) are as stiff as cardboard and full of holes. (I cover the bellows with the dark cloth) But if you make the effort to deal with its faults, you can still make a decent photo. Its not the camera, its what you make of it, right?

  8. #1238

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    southwest,Virginia
    Posts
    173

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    Absolutely. Are we sharing the same camera?�� My camera has all the same faults, when I rack the back to focus the front and rear rails rise up at the ends and I have to wrestle the front standard and back to parallel.

  9. #1239
    Ron (Netherlands)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    295

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    Quote Originally Posted by rrunnertexas View Post
    ROC Improved Plastigmat Zorki 4K by rrunnertexas, on Flickr

    Camera porn! Zorki 4K captured with a Rochester Improved Model 5 x 8 camera with 5 x 7 film in the plate holder, Plastigmat lens.
    Very nice...I've always liked those 'nifty' Zorki's :-)
    __________________
    When day is done......

    My Flickr

  10. #1240

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Posts
    366

    Re: In Praise of 5x7... Post'em !

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Coquis View Post
    Full of aliveness !
    Nice "temperature"
    Nice!

Similar Threads

  1. 5X7 Ansco - futher thoughts.
    By Leonard Robertson in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30-Nov-2013, 15:19
  2. How practical is colour 5x7 these days?
    By Acheron Photography in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 27-Jun-2009, 00:58
  3. New to LF 4x5 vs. 5x7
    By Steve zippilli in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26-Jan-2002, 05:21

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •